• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I pre-ordered a couple of these Endomag 9mm kits about 4 months ago. They allow you to use a standard P-Mag in an AR Lower. No need for a mag block. Received them last week and just tested them today. I tested them on 2 different semi lowers and on an M16 lower. Also used 2 different 9 mm uppers, both of which are integrally suppressed. The mags fed fine in both semi and full auto. The last test was a mag dump (loaded to 28 rounds) on full auto. The mag fed fine with no issues. This sure makes swapping uppers a much simpler task when you don't have to also use a mag block.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    So, this wouldn't qualify as manufacturing in the eyes of the state? To me it's not because you're literally replacing a spring and a chunk of plastic. You're not altering the physical magazine and should therefor be no different than something like a caliber conversion kit. Maryland generally has their own definition of words so I'm curious if this is 100% legal or if it's more of an up to a prosecutor to determine kind of situation.

It looks like a great idea and I had written off pistol caliber AR's for the moment because I didn't want to buy dedicated lowers or mag adapters, and magazines. I just don't want to find myself in a courtroom hoping to get a reasonable judge and jury. I did a quick search and didn't find anything specific other than a post about not altering a 10 round Glock mag to be a standard capacity one.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    So, this wouldn't qualify as manufacturing in the eyes of the state? To me it's not because you're literally replacing a spring and a chunk of plastic. You're not altering the physical magazine and should therefor be no different than something like a caliber conversion kit. Maryland generally has their own definition of words so I'm curious if this is 100% legal or if it's more of an up to a prosecutor to determine kind of situation.

It looks like a great idea and I had written off pistol caliber AR's for the moment because I didn't want to buy dedicated lowers or mag adapters, and magazines. I just don't want to find myself in a courtroom hoping to get a reasonable judge and jury. I did a quick search and didn't find anything specific other than a post about not altering a 10 round Glock mag to be a standard capacity one.

1bdpa5.jpg

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown

So no helpful answer then? Washington can spin in his grave, I don't care. He's not the one who could be potentially breaking the law. I chose to ask a question instead of assuming because there are people here with more experience and understanding of the laws than I have. Asking questions is how people learn.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    My opinion doesn't matter. Nor does it matter if you are in 100% compliance because if the State wants to charge you with purchasing, transfering, or manufacturing a magazine greater then 10 rounds, they could and you would have to fight them in court. The only ways to be 100% safe is to have nothing over 10 rounds or turn in your guns.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

They come set up with a 10 round capacity. But that can be changed, if legal where shipped.

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    They are double stack and load like Uzi mags.........Very easy. I ordered 3 more kits today.

How do you like them? I rolled the dice and ordered one, I figured if it worked and I liked it, I'll go back and order a 3 pack. I'm sure a lot of people did the same thing haha. It fits nicely in the Pmag and loads very easily from the top like an Uzi mag. Haven't shot it yet but...

Parts are currently en route for my first AR9 upper build! It's going on my pistol lower with the law tac folder and SBA3. If what I read is correct, I can remove the weight from the back of the BCG and put in the little insert/extender you need to run the law tac folder. Went with; BA 5.5" 9mm barrel with a KAK 5" flash can, Alpha SP Nitrided BCG, 8" ALG EMR V2 rail, , mil-spec AR15 upper, Aero lower, Lantac ECT-1 trigger, KAK 8oz heavy buffer, standard carbine spring.

I originally ordered the 5" KAK barrel but when i saw the BA's on sale I had to go with them. I've got one of their 16" 223 Wylde barrels and it's the bees knees. Canceled the KAK one before it shipped (thank you KAK customer service!) The BA also has 1/2-28 threading which will work with the KAK flash hider and the (ridiculously overpriced by SilencerCo) suppressor adapters I already bought. Why do so many 9mm barrels have 1/2-36? I'm sure there is a reason, maybe somebody on here can educate me.

The plan is to run a dedicated Octane 45K on it when it's out of NFA jail but for the time being I need the KAK flash can to get the muzzle beyond the end of the handguard. I also need to test the fitments of it all and see how snug the can is going to be. Internal diamter of the handguard is 1.46" and the can's diamter is 1.37". Going to be snug. I actually already had a 10" EMR V2 rail but couldn't find any linear comps or flash cans that were long enough to get my muzzle beyond the end of the handguard. By my measuring you will lose 1" on a barrel to the champer and 0.5" due to overlapping threads on the barrel and muzzle device. So a 5.5" barrel and 5" flash can really only gets you to 9". That would mean the muzzle would be longer than the handguard by 1.5"which is a big no-no.

So I'll run the 8" rail for now. ALG was just about giving away the keymod ones for $66, (since MLOK killed keymod last year a lot of dealers are dumping keymod rails for super cheap.) And when my suppressor is ready I'll switch back to the 10" rail (Octane 45K is 6.85") and will only have about 1" of suppressor sticking out which will be the nice and compact package I was going for.

Sorry for the rant I was just kind of dumping 3 days of thinking/research into this post. Appreciate any feedback!

-Dave

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Boy, I am not cheap on gun stuff... but these are expensive! I would think it would at least come as a complete magazine with that price. That what over $40 a mag after you buy the P-Mag. And these have plastic ejectors still...

I was going to order some... but I think I might not at that price point. Uzi mags work, this looks more convenient but not worth what it would cost to replace a few mags.

Seems they are begging for someone to copy the idea and just make a straight 9mm mag rather than a conversion. I mean Shockwave is selling completely new metal 9mm mags of their own design for $36. That has a metal welded tube. This conversion is just plastic and a spring. I think I will hold out a bit...

blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    Endomag ran great

Just put 150rds through it with an Endomag and had zero issues or failures. The Alpha Shooting sports BCG ended up not fitting/locking back so I returned it and went with the Faxon one which just performed flawlessly. Ran some Aguila and Magtech, all 124gr. Man, this thing is a joy to shoot. Zero feeding or reliability issues and always locked back on empty. Also fits perfectly in my bag, making for an easy and compact local indoor range trip. I’m in for more Endomags! https://imgur.com/a/l8g4zRb

Aero lower
    Standard LPK
    Magpuk BAD lever
    B5 grip
    ALG ACT trigger
    Standard AR-15 upper
    9MM port door
    Pmag M3 with Endomag guts
    Law Tactical folding adapter SBA3 brace w/ lunar concepts splitfix strap
    KAK 8oz buffer, standard carbine spring
    Faxon 9mm BCG
    Grey Badger ambi charging handle
    BA 5.5” 9mm barrel
    KAK 5” flash can
    ALG EMR V2 rail
    BCM keymod rail covers
    SI curved link handstop
    Bushnell TRS-25

Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    These are great and load very similar as a .223/5.56. I just gave mine a try last week and was very impressed on how well it worked. Great product and saves you $100 since you dont have to buy a special mag block for the 9mm glock or colt mag

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Necrothreading this some

Their website says the magazines can work with Colt or Glock pattern uppers. No option to differentiate though. Is it one adapter which can be configured in two ways?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Necrothreading this some

Their website says the magazines can work with Colt or Glock pattern uppers. No option to differentiate though. Is it one adapter which can be configured in two ways?
    AFAIK, yes. I just got a pack of them. They work in a standard AR lower and will feed CMMG Banshee actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom