• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Would this be any concern?

I don’t know much about sig or p320, so I did some browsing. Then I found this video about p320 discharging when dropped.
    What does this community think about this issue?

Also found this, still watching:

Comparison between before and after Sig’s fix:

Summary:
    Sit P320 was the only pistol that discharged when hit by a hammer on the back. All other pistols either have trigger safety, grip safety, or just wouldn’t discharge when hit on the back with a hammer.

Last edited:

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    From what I gather a completed 80% FCU amounts to a pre recall SIG P320 FCU and may be prone to the same issues of the 30 degree drop and discharge (not a huge issue in my book).

Hope the build goes well. I know I (and a ton of others) will be anxiously awaiting your update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The upgrade involves a different trigger and different sear The 80 percent should be able to use these parts

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Give it 4 weeks. I’ll let you know. I have yet to be disappointed by an 80 percent.

Yeah, please do. I am genuinely curious about how it'll go. I'd love to build my own with all the Grayguns bits thrown in.

From what I gather a completed 80% FCU amounts to a pre recall SIG P320 FCU and may be prone to the same issues of the 30 degree drop and discharge (not a huge issue in my book).

The frame itself has zero to do with the drop fire recall issue. That was all in the internal parts, and you can build one that's "fixed."

The upgrade involves a different trigger and different sear The 80 percent should be able to use these parts

Exactly.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yeah, please do. I am genuinely curious about how it'll go. I'd love to build my own with all the Grayguns bits thrown in.

I won't even get the jig until Mid-June, I think. I'll definitely post progress pics.

The thing that is really nice about the 80% P320, IMO is the caliber exchange kits. You won't have to hunt around just to buy an over-priced slide like you do for the Glocks.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I won't even get the jig until Mid-June, I think. I'll definitely post progress pics.

The thing that is really nice about the 80% P320, IMO is the caliber exchange kits. You won't have to hunt around just to buy an over-priced slide like you do for the Glocks.

Exactly. And you only have to "build" one of them to have whatever size and configuration you want.

Someone on CalGuns already has theirs. Doesn't look hard.
    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1439526

Hmmmm.... yeah that doesn't look too terrible. A lot of fine file work and stuff, but not rocket science. I do wonder if it would be easier / better to do the bending with a hydraulic press or a vise or something rather than banging away with a hammer though.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Looking at the jig, that should bend those rails just as easily as the bending jig does for AK flats with a 12-ton press.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hmmmm.... yeah that doesn't look too terrible. A lot of fine file work and stuff, but not rocket science. I do wonder if it would be easier / better to do the bending with a hydraulic press or a vise or something rather than banging away with a hammer though.

I’ll just put it in my vice.

Seems the part that is hard to find is the sear pivot pin. Everything else is out there.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have the metal insert. Got this just now:
    Anyone have a line on a complete FCG parts kit?

Attachments

• D011EF06-C21B-479D-80EB-8281CD5F2ADB.jpg
      D011EF06-C21B-479D-80EB-8281CD5F2ADB.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 528

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hey Doc:

Did you get around to getting this built yet? I see Ghost Gunner and some others have their own out now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hey Doc:

Did you get around to getting this built yet? I see Ghost Gunner and some others have their own out now.

No. I can't find the FCG parts kits. I have the metal insert and jig. The sites that sell them say they will have them in at some point (the upgraded parts) but don't know when.....

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hmmm yeah, that appears to be the case.

For future reference, I found this parts list on calguns: (don't know if it's pre or post upgrade)
    OEM OR APEX TRIGGER
    KIT-320-SCL Slide Catch Lever Release Assembly Kit
    SPRING-5 TRIGGER BAR SPRING, 320
    O-RING-1 SIG 320 TKDWN LEVER O-RING
    1300673-R SIG 320 SAFETY LEVER SPRING
    1300674-R SIG 320 SAFETY LEVER PIN
    1300675-R SIG 320 TRIGGER BAR
    1300734-R SIG 320 TAKE DOWN SAFETY LVR
    1300739-R SIG 320 SAFETY LEVER
    1300741-R SIG 320 SEAR
    1300777-R SIG 320 TAKE DOWN LEVER
    1300799-R SIG 320 SEAR SPRING, Takes 2
    1300827-R SIG 320 TRIGGER STOP PIN
    1300850-R SIG 320 TAKE DOWN LVR SPRG
    1300856-R SIG 320 M2.5X18 COIL SPRGPIN
    1300429-R SIG 320 SLIDE CATCH LEVER PIN
    1300976-R SIG 320 HEADED SEAR PIVOT PIN
    1300981-R SIG 320 SEAR HOUSING

This place seems to have the parts all in stock individually and some calguns guys were buying from here:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/sig-sauer-P320/parts.html

EDIT:
    Looks like those are pre-upgrade parts, based on the sear which is out of stock anyways. This list might be a starting point though. I don't know what parts got changed with the recall, specifcally off the top of my head, but I think it was the disconnecter, sear, and trigger bar in the lower.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hmmm yeah, that appears to be the case.

For future reference, I found this parts list on calguns: (don't know if it's pre or post upgrade)
    OEM OR APEX TRIGGER
    KIT-320-SCL Slide Catch Lever Release Assembly Kit
    SPRING-5 TRIGGER BAR SPRING, 320
    O-RING-1 SIG 320 TKDWN LEVER O-RING
    1300673-R SIG 320 SAFETY LEVER SPRING
    1300674-R SIG 320 SAFETY LEVER PIN
    1300675-R SIG 320 TRIGGER BAR
    1300734-R SIG 320 TAKE DOWN SAFETY LVR
    1300739-R SIG 320 SAFETY LEVER
    1300741-R SIG 320 SEAR
    1300777-R SIG 320 TAKE DOWN LEVER
    1300799-R SIG 320 SEAR SPRING, Takes 2
    1300827-R SIG 320 TRIGGER STOP PIN
    1300850-R SIG 320 TAKE DOWN LVR SPRG
    1300856-R SIG 320 M2.5X18 COIL SPRGPIN
    1300429-R SIG 320 SLIDE CATCH LEVER PIN
    1300976-R SIG 320 HEADED SEAR PIVOT PIN
    1300981-R SIG 320 SEAR HOUSING

This place seems to have the parts all in stock individually and some calguns guys were buying from here:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/sig-sauer-P320/parts.html

EDIT:
    Looks like those are pre-upgrade parts, based on the sear which is out of stock anyways. This list might be a starting point though. I don't know what parts got changed with the recall, specifcally off the top of my head, but I think it was the disconnecter, sear, and trigger bar in the lower.

I looked for the parts. As you said, the sear pin is unobtainable. Its also much more expensive to source the parts individually compared to the parts kits that were being offered. I’ll keep checking every few days.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I know this isn't about saving money. I built a P80 G17 that after a few upgrades cost over $700 but I just bought a brand new P320 for $429. That's really cheap for a complete gun of this quality (with a warranty). At what point do these builds become just too expensive.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I know this isn't about saving money. I built a P80 G17 that after a few upgrades cost over $700 but I just bought a brand new P320 for $429. That's really cheap for a complete gun of this quality (with a warranty). At what point do these builds become just too expensive.
    when .gov burns all 4473 and 77r

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

I'm a dude, and I like to be amused.

Cost is not the only consideration. I can get a lightly used Glock 22 for about $350. But I wouldn't know much about how it works. Building a gun is a very useful exercise. You can learn a lot that way.

If people think it's too expensive, that's their call. I know a guy that spends his weekend burning the tires off his car in a parking lot. I find it pointless but it's what he likes to do.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm a dude, and I like to be amused.

Cost is not the only consideration. I can get a lightly used Glock 22 for about $350. But I wouldn't know much about how it works. Building a gun is a very useful exercise. You can learn a lot that way.

If people think it's too expensive, that's their call. I know a guy that spends his weekend burning the tires off his car in a parking lot. I find it pointless but it's what he likes to do.

I, too, like the building process. You get a more intimate knowledge of your firearm. I also like to use upgraded parts. I never use stock triggers, I like threaded barrels, I polish contact points etc. In the end, I do spend a bit more. I also get the gun I want, and have the satisfaction of having built it. Generally, if you are trying to save money you should not go 80%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom