• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I probably would have been a player if he posted pics. To me, not posting pics of an item for sale, means they are not enthusiastic to sell an item. Even though we know what it looks like. I shouldn't have to "e-mail for pics".

Maybe he doesn't know how to resize them? Or doesnt have a program on his computer to do it? There are limits on picture size in the Classifieds. Just a thought...

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Came across this aftermarket device for Sub2000. Looks interesting.

"This TANDEMKROSS bolt tube sleeve covers the metal tube providing a temperature controlled surface. In addition the amount of vibration and shock felt from recoil is also significantly reduced giving the shooter much more opportunity to stay on target with follow on shots."

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Just read that TandemKross teamed up with KelTec of which I have their parts on my Gen 1. Currently I'm thinking of purchasing a mill for the shop and waiting for the Gen 3 :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Work schedule has been crazy, so I keep delaying the range trip. I'll contact you when time opens up, in case you also have time and want to check it out yourself, comparing to the 9mm CZ Evo Scorpion carbine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Gen 2 G17 back in stock at Kentucky Gun for $450 cash or $464 credit card ...

http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=60329

Now available from Bud's, almost the same pricing ...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/15213

Says Gen 1 for me again. I'll have to try on my laptop later. I'll snag one one of these days.

I'm guessing that neither Buds or Kentucky Gun has updated their description or pics. I ordered from the same link from Buds last month and received a Gen 2 (pictured upthread) despite the Bud's website description. Although your point is well taken, as I did not verify this with Kentucky Gun. Because these are all being released simultaneous, I suspect it's the same production run (and would wager that Gen 1 models aren't made anymore).

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Now available from Bud's, almost the same pricing ...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/15213

I'm guessing that neither Buds or Kentucky Gun has updated their description or pics. I ordered from the same link from Buds last month and received a Gen 2 (pictured upthread) despite the Bud's website description. Although your point is well taken, as I did not verify this with Kentucky Gun. Because these are all being released simultaneous, I suspect it's the same production run (and would wager that Gen 1 models aren't made anymore).

I doubt they even make the Gen 1 anymore, honestly. Just gives me no confidence in ordering. Maybe I'll just compare part numbers.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Did it have a factory 10 round magazine? Buds will only sell a firearm in the original configuration they receive it from the manufacturer.
    They won't remove or separately transfer magazines.

It would not matter because I can legally buy a thirty round magazine in Maryland.

How difficult is it to understand that THEY SAID THEY DO NOT SELL TO MARYLAND RESIDENTS??? NO FIREARM SALES FROM THAT STORE TO ANY MARYLAND RESIDENTS PERIOD!!!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    It would not matter because I can legally buy a thirty round magazine in Maryland.

How difficult is it to understand that THEY SAID THEY DO NOT SELL TO MARYLAND RESIDENTS??? NO FIREARM SALES FROM THAT STORE TO ANY MARYLAND RESIDENTS PERIOD!!!

I understand what they told you.
    I provided additional information that you or others may be unaware of: Buds will not sell a firearm except in the original configuration that they receive it from the manufacturerer or distributor, ie they won't remove or exchange magazines.
    Even if they sold to Maryland residents they would not have sold you a firearm that was not fully Maryland compliant as it sits.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Gen 2 G17 back in stock at Kentucky Gun for $450 cash or $464 credit card ...

http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=60329
    I got an email response from Kentucky Gun that the above is a Gen 2 for anyone still looking. Don't know why they don't bother to update their webpage. Maybe they'll increase the price when they do.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I understand what they told you.
    I provided additional information that you or others may be unaware of: Buds will not sell a firearm except in the original configuration that they receive it from the manufacturerer or distributor, ie they won't remove or exchange magazines.
    Even if they sold to Maryland residents they would not have sold you a firearm that was not fully Maryland compliant as it sits.
    While the above is correct, this excerpt is from the description from the Bud's webpage of the item that I linked to ...

CALIBER/GAUGE:9mm

*CAPACITY:10+1

*# OF MAGS:1

*MAGAZINE DESC:One 10rd

*BARREL:16.1

*OVERALL LENGTH:29.5

They shipped the above item to my MD FFL when I ordered a month ago (and their price was lower then).

On the other hand, Kentucky Gun (which still has inventory) might be willing to pull the mag (if their description includes a 17-rd PMAG) in order to ship to MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom