• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah...that one kept popping up, so I took a peek yesterday...finally got through the whole thing today. I tossed in my $.02, and now I think I'm out.:sad20:

I've never looked at that Wal-Mart Yeti Killer Clone one, but it just won't go away. For some reason, that really pisses me off:mad54: I can't explain why.
    I am tracking with you on the Yeti clone dealy too. There's just something about $400 coolers that tick me of, lol!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Well, for starters, The 'Nurse' thingy. 20 some odd pages of everyone agreeing with each other gets kind of monotonous. Not saying it should go away. It's popular. Just that every time I see the title my eyes roll up into my head and I start speaking in tongues. :drunk:
    Your haven't visited lately, plenty of disagreement in the nurse thread.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Well, for starters, The 'Nurse' thingy. 20 some odd pages of everyone agreeing with each other gets kind of monotonous. Not saying it should go away. It's popular. Just that every time I see the title my eyes roll up into my head and I start speaking in tongues. :drunk:

I totally agree with your original request!! There are several threads dating from 2015 and earlier that have no real relevance anymore. Somebody asked vacation advice in '14 or '15 and he's still getting suggestions in 2017!!!! Also, NURSE thread as example, some threads get SOOOOO long that newcomers enter and comment based on the first and last pages and don't see any truly relevant info in the in between 20 or 30 pages.

Give ANY thread a term limit and delete after 6 months; one year; any reasonable amount of time based on true relevance.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I totally agree with your original request!! There are several threads dating from 2015 and earlier that have no real relevance anymore. Somebody asked vacation advice in '14 or '15 and he's still getting suggestions in 2017!!!! Also, NURSE thread as example, some threads get SOOOOO long that newcomers enter and comment based on the first and last pages and don't see any truly relevant info in the in between 20 or 30 pages.

Give ANY thread a term limit and delete after 6 months; one year; any reasonable amount of time based on true relevance.

I don't think it's the OP's desire to kill long threads or one's that are "old".

It's more to avoid the temptation to join into threads where you know it's going to end badly.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD

What's not relevant to you might be highly relevant to someone else, right? I'm new here but have been on a motorcycle forum for over 15 years. Forum members come from all walks of life but share one commonality. You end up getting a full spectrum of stuff, from worthless to hilarious to highly technical. If someone's consistently digging up old threads (that have died off for good reason), a mod should send them a note.

Two cents...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't think it's the OP's desire to kill long threads or one's that are "old".

It's more to avoid the temptation to join into threads where you know it's going to end badly.
    This^^^

Threads have their worth, one way or the other. It's not my intention to quantify or qualify a particular thread.

Usually, when I get in this mood, I skip the water cooler for a while. Guess it might be about that time...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom