• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ammo.... .22 in particular, is always a good investment. You truly can't go wrong. It's pretty much an investment. I suggest you treat it as a commodity and buy and hold (what you don't use). It will hold its value very well over time. Bonus is it's a hedge against evil and tyranny.

Even in good times it is treated as currency in some barter situations. Think how that might improve (in your favor) in bad times.

What's the downside?

I agree with all your points, except the hedge against tyranny. Unless you're ridding the nation of Secret Squirrels, .22 won't do much against tyrants, I suspect.

Even so, hoovering up a thousand rounds of ammo for fifty bucks is a pleasant feeling.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I agree with all your points, except the hedge against tyranny. Unless you're ridding the nation of Secret Squirrels, .22 won't do much against tyrants, I suspect.

Even so, hoovering up a thousand rounds of ammo for fifty bucks is a pleasant feeling.
    Hedge against tyranny wasnt about shooting folks with .22.

Tyranny takes many forms and paths. One path is all about destroying currency (in our case, the almighty dollar). If we have a solid system of alternative "currency", we can continue with another form of market based economy and thus stave off delay or avoid altogether the ravages of tyranny. Second order effect.

Don't see things as they are. Survival requires us to see things as they may be/become.

.22 ammo is an almost perfect substitute for cash if and when cash becomes defunct.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Hmm, a number of times in history, a suppressed .22 has made a HUGE change in the course of events. :)

cb51

You must not be thinking of the liberator scenario. A .22 will do quite well in shooting some blue Helmet or other tyrants to kill them and take their arms. A .22 is a very fine urban guerrilla weapon that is very accurate and quiet. A .22 rifle fired from several feet back from a window or from inside a van on a busy city street will hardly be noticed at the bullet impact site.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    You must not be thinking of the liberator scenario. A .22 will do quite well in shooting some blue Helmet or other tyrants to kill them and take their arms. A .22 is a very fine urban guerrilla weapon that is very accurate and quiet. A .22 rifle fired from several feet back from a window or from inside a van on a busy city street will hardly be noticed at the bullet impact site.

:thumbsup:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Agreed. Especially suppressed.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Obviously we are back to cheap .22 (time to buy modestly over time to ensure stocks are kept high)

But really has it come to this?

(EDIT APPARENTLY I AM LAST TO KNOW ABOUT THIS! Ordered 2 one for me and one for a stocking stuffer for my gun loving old man!)

921xmas17-christmas-cci.jpg

http://www.cabelas.com/product/CCI-LR-HOLIDAY-PACK-RD/2589029.uts?slotId=6

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I wouldn't call the prices 'cheap' but 'less expensive'. I have bulk packs on my ammo shelf that were $11.00 at Walmart and I remember bitchin' when the price went up to $14. That's cheap.

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    This weekend I had a $20 off coupon from Dick's, and they had 500 round bricks of Blazer for $24.95, plus these were buy 1, get the second one for half off. I ended up walking out of there with 6 boxes (3000 rounds) for $98 for 3 cents a round. I've only been in the hobby for a couple of years, but that is the best deal I've scored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom