• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have decided my next pistol will be one of these two, but I am having trouble deciding which one would be best. (assuming they both fit my hand and "feel" the same)

37657502_10217419901638315_7263533521447157760_n.jpg

The primary role would be a carry weapon for when I visit more freedom loving states that will accept a FL NR CCW.

The primary differences I can see are that the SK is 2.5oz lighter (plus the weight of 3 bullets) while the VP9 has a higher mag capacity and 3/4" longer barrel/sight radius.

I know there are several people here who own both - is there really that much difference between the two?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think it comes down to how you want to carry while in Free America. If the idea is to conceal then the SK would definitely be easier. If you don't worry about printing or are going to OC then I would recommend big brother.

The VP9 is a fantastic pistol and I was thinking about getting an SK until the Sig P365 came out.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I think it comes down to how you want to carry while in Free America. If the idea is to conceal then the SK would definitely be easier. If you don't worry about printing or are going to OC then I would recommend big brother.

The VP9 is a fantastic pistol and I was thinking about getting an SK until the Sig P365 came out.

Back before I let my Utah expire (yeah, imma idiot) I carried a P229 and the VP9 is almost the identical size. I think what it will come down to is comfort in the hand. I know I can get +2 pinkie mag bottoms and HK sells 13 & 15 round mags with spacers. That's the part that prints, after all. If the pinkie mags on the SK fit my big sausage fingers, that is the likely winner.

Tax time I plan to sell my P229 in .40 and get a Legion P229 Rx in 9mm - or a .460 S&W Magnum. It's 50/50 atm

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    My VP9Sk came with one extended mag, as in the picture and one flush fit mag. The grip inserts aside, I can get a pretty good perch without my pinky using the flush mag and shoot close to the same group size at 7 yds as the VP9
    50' is a little more noticeable. Let me qualify that my carrying experience is practically nil, especially IWB.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    My VP9Sk came with one extended mag, as in the picture and one flush fit mag. The grip inserts aside, I can get a pretty good perch without my pinky using the flush mag and shoot close to the same group size at 7 yds as the VP9
    50' is a little more noticeable. Let me qualify that my carrying experience is practically nil, especially IWB.

I absolutely despise not getting my whole hand on the grip and IF the SK with the pinkie fits my hand, I will order the +2 plates with pinkie shelf from HKParts ASAP. Otherwise, I will likely just go with the standard VP9. Just need to find a place locally that has both in stock so I can get a feel for em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom