• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Thank goodness for corporate censorship, amirite?

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/06/google-removes-gun-broker-app-from-google-play/

Hi Developers at GunBroker.com LLC,
    After review, GunBroker.com, com.gunbroker.android has been suspended and removed from Google Play due to a policy violation.
    Issue: Violation of Dangerous Products policy.

We don’t allow apps that facilitate the sale of explosives, firearms, ammunition or certain firearms accessories. We also don’t allow apps that provide instructions for the manufacture of explosives, firearms, ammunition, restricted firearm accessories, or other weapons.
    Nevermind that Gunbroker has no doubt led to countless background checks being performed.

It remains available in the App Store for now. Expect them to follow. Expect eBay to remove all gun parts. Expect visa and other payment processors preventing sales from gun related sites. Expect your internet to be killed by the corporatocracy working hand in hand with all these states trying to kill the 2nd Amendment.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Only a matter of time now until the actual websites come come under attack.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Contact Google and tell them that since you have seen fit to remove the app of a legal business participating in a legal activity because of your political beliefs my next smartphone purchase will be an iPhone.

Goodbye.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    This amplifies the importance of the Defcad (Cody Wilson) lawsuit. A very grey area so far in the courts. If the case turns around in the courts then the ground is set for a lawsuit against 1A infringement on 2A issues, falling under 14A (Equal Protection).

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This amplifies the importance of the Defcad (Cody Wilson) lawsuit. A very grey area so far in the courts. If the case turns around in the courts then the ground is set for a lawsuit against 1A infringement on 2A issues, falling under 14A (Equal Protection).

Google is a private company, not a GOV entity. The BoR doesn't apply to what they choose to do with a platform they own. It's not a grey area of law.

Cody Wilson is being silenced by GOV action, so 1A, 2A, & 14A are very relevant to the DefCAD case.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Google is a private company, not a GOV entity. The BoR doesn't apply to what they choose to do with a platform they own. It's not a grey area of law.

Cody Wilson is being silenced by GOV action, so 1A, 2A, & 14A are very relevant to the DefCAD case.

Not true. Under CA law the first amendment has been read to be much broader and has been held to apply to private common spaces that function like public common areas (like malls). Currently there are several lawsuits that aim to extend this to digital common spaces.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wonder if there is a specific outlet to complain to Google about their Google Play Store policy, where it won't get lost in a sea of complaints regarding different technical issues. Seems that Alphabet Corp/Google supports Chinese government censorship but interferes with US citizen participation in rights protected by the Constitution. No wonder they abandoned their "don't be evil" corporate motto.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Not true. Under CA law the first amendment has been read to be much broader and has been held to apply to private common spaces that function like public common areas (like malls). Currently there are several lawsuits that aim to extend this to digital common spaces.

But as far as I'm aware, that definition of common space hasn't been extended to a physical, let alone a digital, individual store. It's the digital equivalent of the court mandating a bookstore carry books with opposing viewpoints to other books in inventory. Very different than a common area of a mall that allows public speech of any sort being required to not discriminate based on viewpoint.

Don't misunderstand, I strongly disagree with what Google is doing. But it's their store, and they get to choose what inventory is carried in it. Only a Progressive would argue otherwise. :innocent0

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I wonder if there is a specific outlet to complain to Google about their Google Play Store policy, where it won't get lost in a sea of complaints regarding different technical issues.

The developer should be able to submit a complaint via the google play store assuming their account hasn't been completely cancelled, even if it has they should have a way for them to be contacted that is for developers only. I know Apple does. As for individuals not involved with the actual development of the app, the best place is to hit them with complaints is on social media. They can't ignore every post about it.

Time for them to work on having a really good mobile website geared to each mobile OS. The app stores make it easier to get in front of people but a mobile website that works and looks really nice has many benefits in that it doesn't require approval for any changes allowing updates to be done instantly. Each OS has a way to save a bookmark to the home screen (or android equivalent), time for them to push that.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    But as far as I'm aware, that definition of common space hasn't been extended to a physical, let alone a digital, individual store. It's the digital equivalent of the court mandating a bookstore carry books with opposing viewpoints to other books in inventory. Very different than a common area of a mall that allows public speech of any sort being required to not discriminate based on viewpoint.

Don't misunderstand, I strongly disagree with what Google is doing. But it's their store, and they get to choose what inventory is carried in it. Only a Progressive would argue otherwise. :innocent0

See here;
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins

There is a lawsuit attempting to extend this to digital "commons"

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...twitter-blocking-users-based-political-views/

Its unclear what the CA Supreme Court will do. They have narrowed Pruneyard over the years. Digital commons however is more pure speech tham protesters in a shopping mall.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    See here;
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruneyard_Shopping_Center_v._Robins

There is a lawsuit attempting to extend this to digital "commons"

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...twitter-blocking-users-based-political-views/

Its unclear what the CA Supreme Court will do. They have narrowed Pruneyard over the years. Digital commons however is more pure speech tham protesters in a shopping mall.

I guess I'm not seeing the equivalent of a "commons" in the Google store. Ralphs Grocery Co. v. United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 8 limited Pruneyard to common areas of malls, not tenant premises.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Next phone will not be Samsung android (google).

Too bad. I like Samsung products, but it has a bad phone partner.

shooter682

Jun 2, 2013
    Lexington Park MD
    I would rather stay with the android phone, it does allow you to use non google approved apps from other app stores or sites. Apple has a total lock down on third party apps. so the 2A folks could make there on apps and send them out until android follow the example of apple. Gunbroker can avail the app on their site and allow there customers to download and use it right from the site.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    It is my view that these bigger than thou companies (Amazon, Google, Youtube, E-bay etc.) are dismantling their own monopolies unknowingly. I just found out about https://outdoorsports.video/ a few days ago through an online article. I know there are other alternatives to youtube that are gun friendly and they are slow to boot but somewhere along the line, something is going to take off. The firearms industry is large and is need of 2A friendly entrepreneurs to start paving avenues to freedom for gun owners, dealers and manufacturers. If one is not welcome to do business in one place then the obvious answer is to go to their competition, especially if you are a business. We are not just going to disappear. Eliminating firearms and accessories alone may not kill the giants but look at all of the other things these corporations with big heads have banned. That is more than one chunk. They are killing themselves one ban at a time. It may be their right as a private company to eliminate support for something they do not like but it just forces the people to do their business where they are welcome. I see it as "the sides are aligning". I sure as hell am not going to stay anywhere where I am not welcome, let alone give money to the folks that are slapping me on the wrist (Beretta moving to Tennessee, Magpul to Wyoming and Texas). I do agree, though, that enough is enough when it comes to all of this firearms blackballing.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I used to use a bypass for Amazon kindle Gestapo called 1market.

It's an android app store. Not sure if they are still kicking but you can check. It loads apps and bypasses the Nazis. Or at least it used to work for kindle

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I wonder if the legal argument could be made that this is similar to the case brought against Microsoft where Microsoft products were given installation preference over third party products ie firefox.

Since Google android does not support an alternative marketplace (they have a monopoly) they shouldn't be able to block companies from that marketplace.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Contact Google and tell them that since you have seen fit to remove the app of a legal business participating in a legal activity because of your political beliefs my next smartphone purchase will be an iPhone.

Goodbye.

Apple is no better. Changed a gun emoji to a water gun; removed Alex Jone's app in the last day or 2, others in the past.

Unless Apple is making enough money off gun broker, I have no doubt the app will be removed. Might take the next public outrage, but it will be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom