• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Sounds like a bunch of overreaction and sensationalism. That is why when angry or upset one must choose their words and who is around when you say them. This is especially true when actually owning weapons that acquaintances may be aware of. I got re-orged and laid off last September and I made sure not to say anything negative or sound angry especially because of this. Why give anyone reason for unfounded and implausible concerns because they may already be uncomfortable about firearms.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Silly libtards...
    They claim that the only way to stop gun crime is to insure that only persons with permits and background checks should have guns. And now would have us believe that a person who went through their vetting process is a "Mass Shooting" suspect.

They proudly proclaim... "We stopped one!" When in fact, all they have is speculation. :sad20:

I'll wait for the case to be properly investigated and "hope" that the truth will come out. Probably on the lower corner of the last page of the Sun right next to the Giant Foods ad.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Not that I want people to get hurt...but what did they arrest him for? Owning weapons?

I sincerely hope this was a legit tip and not some asshat who heard this guy owned guns and called it in.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If your dumb enough to make threats about shooting up a work place, you deserve what you get.

I guess no one is willing to consider that possibly the police did good? They operated within the existing law and prevented a disaster that could have set back MD gun laws 20 years?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Holy crap did you just go pro police for a second? I'll buy the beers and the man calibers (meaning 762x39) and were going shooting again!!

Erik is bringing the party hats, my gf is going to make cookies, and I'll bring fun targets!

I've never been anti police, just on the fence where it's nice and balanced ;)
    But if it gets me free stuff, sure :D

You really need to man up and stop shooting those pistol calibers though :lol2:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    If your dumb enough to make threats about shooting up a work place, you deserve what you get.

I guess no one is willing to consider that possibly the police did good? They operated within the existing law and prevented a disaster that could have set back MD gun laws 20 years?

Yeah, this. :thumbsup:

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I love it when they finally display the arsenal in a photo. I usually think if THAT is an arsenal, then what did I used to have before that boating accident?

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    There are clearly a lot of 'scare the public' buzz words in all the reporting so far but I believe the BS flag should be held until we know more. I'm on the side of the PD on this one if some asshat called his employer to say he was going to shoot some place up.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    So idiot calls in threats and shows up with a "Guns don't kill people, I kill people." t-shirt. I have no sympathy based on the truthfullness of that.

But they said he had a 'large cache' of weapons. 25. Plus 'several thousand rounds of ammo'. Meh. Not illegal and not uncommon.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    So idiot calls in threats and shows up with a "Guns don't kill people, I kill people." t-shirt. I have no sympathy based on the truthfullness of that.

But they said he had a 'large cache' of weapons. 25. Plus 'several thousand rounds of ammo'. Meh. Not illegal and not uncommon.

it was 400 rounds of ammunition......... at least thats what the latest article posted in this thread says.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

True

It was enough to invite a closer scrutiny at a sensitive time. Stupid games begets stupid prizes.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    Does anyone know what he is charged with? Sounds like the guy definitely earned a visit from the police for a talk, but I don't understand what they could charge him with. Is making threats and/or stupid statements a crime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom