• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I just found out about this indoor range. For some reason I haven't heard of it before. Is it new? Has anyone ever been there? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    It's been around since Moses was roaming the seas.

I've always been treated in a um.....less than appropriate way.

About 20% of the people will probably tell you that they have no problems at all there. Rarely will you hear a story of exemplary customer service.

It's a shame too....I used to live less than 5 minutes away from Select Fire but chose to drive 25 minutes to On Target every week to shoot.

The one thing that many like about Select Fire is the concrete block lane dividers. Gives a little more of a sense of security when somebody not so competent is in the lane next to you.

Try the place out for yourself though, and let us know what you think.

LastDon

Feb 7, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I work right down the street, and took some coworkers this week at lunch.

We had a pretty bad experience with condescending staff, and I wasn't very impressed with the lighting and facilities.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you're fond of guys screaming at you and sitting in their little control room with cameras over top of every single firing lane, this is the place for you.

If you're fond of being told by a scrawny little punk that your gun is a piece of shit and the only gun he uses for "clearing houses" is a SIG, you'll love it.

I've tried on three occasions, each 1 year apart , to give that dump the benefit of the doubt and I will never, ever, ever attempt to spend any of my money there since they don't seem to appreciate their customers in the least.

I honestly can't see how the place stays open.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I assume this could be much like the 9mm vs. 45 debate.

9mm might have some things going for it, but anybody with half a brain knows that 45ACP kicks way more ass. :innocent0

:lol2:

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Try going to on target, it is in AA county and the people are nice as long as you don't do anything really stupid.

It can get pricey without a membership.
    But they have a large, laid back staff and all their handgun prices include the ILS (just add $11 for BKDGND and 6% tax).

Has anyone had a problem at ON Target?

inconel710

Feb 24, 2008
    Try going to on target, it is in AA county and the people are nice as long as you don't do anything really stupid.

It can get pricey without a membership.
    But they have a large, laid back staff and all their handgun prices include the ILS (just add $11 for BKDGND and 6% tax).

Has anyone had a problem at ON Target?

My only problem with On Target is their small selection. That and their complete ignorance of the existance of the SIG P250. But then again, BassPro has the same problem. :rolleyes:

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    I've never been to Select Fire but I have shot at On Target ........even met some folks from "The High Road" out there which was great to put faces with names.
    I don't like shooting inside thats why I'm a member of the AGC gun club.

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/

EDIT: Have I seen the elephant?...........what do you think? :innocent0

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I've never been to Select Fire but I have shot at On Target ........even met some folks from "The High Road" out there which was great to put faces with names.
    I don't like shooting inside thats why I'm a member of the AGC gun club.

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/

EDIT: Have I seen the elephant?...........what do you think? :innocent0

Wow, that's been a few years. I met you out there that time (and another time too I think.) That was back before Md Shooters was up and running, so it must've been around 2004 or so.

Shooting outside is SO much better.

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    Wow, that's been a few years. I met you out there that time (and another time too I think.) That was back before Md Shooters was up and running, so it must've been around 2004 or so.

Shooting outside is SO much better.

Yeah Spot77........2004 sounds about right.........if I can ever get over this back surgery perhaps we can do it again. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom