• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I just filled out the paperwork for my first two silencers. I've been told I need to provide 2 fingerprint card for each application. I can find loads of places that will do the electronic scan fingerprints but don't mention of physical hard copy cards. I need some place near BWI or Bel Air. Recommendations appreciated

I go to American Identity Solutions, not anywhere near you I believe. When I got my prints done the first time I was wondering how the print card would work. They do the livescan of your prints and it's printed on the print card just like an ink print. I'd imagine most places are doing that same thing.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Anyone can do them

The fingerprint kits are cheap. Call the BATFE and check yourself, there are no requirements about who does them. I had one set done by the local police but then once I realized anyone could do them, I brought my kit to my dealer and he did them there.

You need three things:

1) card holder:
    Identicator Fingerprint Cardholder (2 EACH)
    ($11 for two)

2) Ink
    https://smile.amazon.com/Dactek-Fin...rd_wg=bidkC&psc=1&refRID=96VF24K2VF97BEQWT3PF
    ($10)

3) fingerprint cards:
    https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form
    (Free from BATFE)

The fingerprint kits are cheap. Call the BATFE and check yourself, there are no requirements about who does them. I had one set done by the local police but then once I realized anyone could do them, I brought my kit to my dealer and he did them there.

You need three things:

1) card holder:
    Identicator Fingerprint Cardholder (2 EACH)
    ($11 for two)

2) Ink
    https://smile.amazon.com/Dactek-Fin...rd_wg=bidkC&psc=1&refRID=96VF24K2VF97BEQWT3PF
    ($10)

3) fingerprint cards:
    https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form
    (Free from BATFE)

I know how to do them myself although it's next to impossible to do. I guess I could buy the equipment and have you the one of my stepsons do it. They're both law enforcement officers. Thanks for the tip. By the way the fingerprint cards are also on the same web page as the application for a Virginia non resident concealed carry permit. Just a download and then you need heavy stock paper to print them on

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I just filled out the paperwork for my first two silencers. I've been told I need to provide 2 fingerprint card for each application. I can find loads of places that will do the electronic scan fingerprints but don't mention of physical hard copy cards. I need some place near BWI or Bel Air. Recommendations appreciated
    You could call the Livescan in Glen Burnie on Ritchie Hwy in the Empire Towers building, or check their website. When I did my HQL scans there I believe I saw something about print cards. Wish I could be more definitive, they got me in and out so quick I didn’t have time to look around at much else.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just a note since VA was mentioned., VA requires prints from a certified print vendor/rep of a LE agency. Doing them yourself won't work in VA.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing: I'm ONLY talking about the fingerprint cards that must accompany Form 1 and Form 4 submissions for all Responsible Parties. It's a pain in the butt and expensive to get a bunch of cards made if you're a serious collector. Fortunately, you don't have to go to expensive places. This is directly from the ATF:

Q. May a Federal firearms licensee fingerprint a customer? As an FFL dealer, can we fingerprint our
    customers?
    A. Fingerprints may be taken by anyone who is properly equipped to take them (see instructions on ATF
    Form 1, Form 4, Form 5, and Form 5320.23). Therefore, applicants may utilize the service of any
    business or government agency that is properly equipped to take fingerprints.”

Source: https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/general41fquestionsandanswersupdated-6-28-16pdf/download

Since that's a federal requirement, I don't see why the states have any say. That said, for sure do not apply this advice to other uses of fingerprint cards (which is what I think the folks above are referring to).

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO PEOPLE SUBMITTING FORM 1 AND FORM 4 APPLICATIONS TO THE BATFE.

Glockman80

Feb 23, 2018
    Maryland
    OH AND....

Silencer shop also has a small form fee they do all the stuff for you on your behalf even buy your stamp through them too. Its very easy and convenient too. Your info and prints must be entered into the machine at a dealer first. Then all forms are signed electronically via DocuSign software

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    MVA in Bel Air has an MSP office that will fingerprint and print to the cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom