• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stealthbmbr

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm sure the media will begin to spin it as they were releasing guns early before the MSP back ground checks, blah, blah, blah...

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Suicide is not foul play. Foul play is actions perpetrated by others, not yourself.

BS, suicide is a homicide and therefor considered foul play, (maybe not in MD). In any case, the previous poster is providing baseless rumor not based on known fact, which was my main point…:sad20:

Fred

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    BS, suicide is a homicide and therefor considered foul play, (maybe not in MD). In any case, the previous poster is providing baseless rumor not based on known fact, which was my main point…:sad20:

Fred

I wonder how many editors, let alone reporters, are astute enough to know this?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    "The man was not identified by police...".
    This is an ambiguous statement.

They have to give an ID to use the range.
    They open at 10am.

The article is not clear as to if they found him outside or if he was inside the actual range.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Suicide is not foul play. Foul play is actions perpetrated by others, not yourself.

Fred

suicide is not "foul play"

Suicide is suicide.

Settled.

Any new news you all may find would be appreciated. Thank you. Hope the business goes unscathed from this event.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    10:11 call?

They open at 10.

If it was a suicide, the person did not waver about it it at all. Yesterday, they had folks there filling out forms, getting stuff together, etc. 11 minutes from door opening to 911 call is FAST.

Do you have to have a buddy with you to shoot at their range?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    no you can go solo

Don't you have to supply an ID? Thought I saw that going on yesterday... How could they not know who it is. Would be different if they said they were awaiting notification of the family prior to release of the name.

Samadams104

Feb 6, 2013
    ELDERSBURG MD
    So Sad. hope all employees and people there at the time are going to be OK. Gun safety is # 1 but if some one is going to take their own life, how can you stop them? sad.

mdcktt21

Jan 25, 2013
    Central MD
    Don't you have to supply an ID? Thought I saw that going on yesterday... How could they not know who it is. Would be different if they said they were awaiting notification of the family prior to release of the name.

You do need to hand over an ID. I think there is a semantics issue in the article. Says that police have not identified... I believe she means that the police have not released the identity.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I've been told by a friend that when he was in CA, he tried to rent a handgun at a range alone but was turned away. He was told by the operators that he either needed to bring someone with him to rent or bring his own gear to use the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom