• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Everyone has thier opinion on what makes the perfect hunting weapon. for me it has to be light, easy to carry, accurate enough to kill at desired ranges, powerful enough, and wear good good glass. Holding up fairly well to the elements and looking good while doing it are nice as well. So here's my perfect hunting rifle. From stalking in the thickest cover to walking mountain ranges. Accurate enough for shots up to 400 yrds and light enough to forget you are carrying it on a 5 mile hike. Matched up with a burris FF2 3x9 shes feather light. Now for you bigger guys this thing would feel tiny but I'm only 5'7" so she feels nice in my hands, The Ruger compact in .308 stainless laminate with a 16" barrel.
    DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    pre- 1964 winchester model 70 > all hunting rifles today.

LIGHT, ACCURATE, DEPENDABLE.

how ever, i do have a browning A bolt in 7mm rem mag which is my favorite :D may be a little heavy but i can suck it up. works %100 too and is plenty accurate

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    pre- 1964 winchester model 70 > all hunting rifles today.

LIGHT, ACCURATE, DEPENDABLE.

how ever, i do have a browning A bolt in 7mm rem mag which is my favorite :D may be a little heavy but i can suck it up. works %100 too and is plenty accurate

I've got an A-Bolt Medallion in 25-06 but shes just too pretty and shiney to take out into the field.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Beautiful Rifle. One of my stainless 10/22's has an international stock with that exact laminate pattern and color.

Everyone has thier opinion on what makes the perfect hunting weapon. for me it has to be light, easy to carry, accurate enough to kill at desired ranges, powerful enough, and wear good good glass. Holding up fairly well to the elements and looking good while doing it are nice as well. So here's my perfect hunting rifle. From stalking in the thickest cover to walking mountain ranges. Accurate enough for shots up to 400 yrds and light enough to forget you are carrying it on a 5 mile hike. Matched up with a burris FF2 3x9 shes feather light. Now for you bigger guys this thing would feel tiny but I'm only 5'7" so she feels nice in my hands, The Ruger compact in .308 stainless laminate with a 16" barrel.
    DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I use a Ruger M77 MKII .243 with a Leupold VX II

Not the nicest looking thing in the closest, but it's one of the best damn guns that I own.

ruger_m77__243.jpg

m21att1

Nov 19, 2007
    I have a browning a-bolt in .257 roberts that my Dad gave to me when I was 12 yrs. old. I still to this day use it to hunt deer, and I love that rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom