• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just put a deposit on an ARMCO AK (AKS-47), probably my last EBR purchase of the year. Looks like new, but doesnt come with accesories. Virtually identical to my Sile AK47S

Very nice gun, unsure if it is postban or preban but thinking very early postban. However it has the bayonet lug and non pinned muzzle attachement. Serial number in the 625XXX range.

A couple things are very unusual.

At somepoint someone (even though it looks like new with no evidence of long term (beyond handling) bolt cycling or mags being inserted) put a "bulgy" like US made black stock set on it and Tapco muzzle attachment.

The "S" is in white and the "R" is in red something I have never seen on any AK. (MP5'ish)

Finish is a deep black (versus my sile gun which is distinctly purplish) except for a couple spots that are "flatter" in tone. Black bolt (same as my sile but my new NHM has a chrome bolt).

Has a smooth barrel profile unlike most of the MAK 90s which had a ribbed profile (my MAADI/NORINCO hybrid MISR90 has a ribbed barrel).

For all intensive purposes it looks preban and in the current climate at $570 (every dealer around hear wants $560+ for a rommy) ill take it as I trust the chinese guns and have parts guns already and know they do well, particularly the earlier model.

Regardless I am going to take it even if I have to adjust some things to ensure legality as it is a nice condition rifle with a stock kit that isnt necessarily cheap these days. Plus I said I was going to get another "preban" style shooter.

Anyone know anymore about this gun ARMCO's like the RAI imports seem to be a bit of a mystery.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Armco is an importer. Is this a Chinese made AK you are talking about? Atlantic Guns in Rockville has one for $550. I like that white and red marking too.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ya thats the one I put a deposit on. ARMCO "no name" AK. Though I am almost 100% sure it is a early postban that escaped some "mutilation". Still should be a good shooter, will need to do a US parts check though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom