• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Anyone have one? Opinions?

I've been thinking about an M1A for a while now and with the recent election results it might be a good idea to squeeze one in the closet sooner rather than never. I was thinking of another AR but I have that pretty much covered, I could use a couple of uppers to switch in and out but I'm hoping uppers will be around to purchase later.

I was torn between a SOCOM 16 and the M1A Loaded model but I saw a Scout at the York show and got interested. I have been reading about it on other forums and it's seems like a nice rifle. A bit pricy though. I know some of you have M1As but don't recall if anyone has a Scout.

Last edited:

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    i've handled/fired an M1A 16" that was IMO one of the finest made firearms i've ever laid hands on. incredible fit and finish, flawless operation, if they weren't $1500 i'd be snagging one up myself, i don't blame ya. if i could afford one i'll be all over it like stink on...

rocketredleg

Jan 5, 2008
    I have a SOCOM II and a couple of full size M1As. I hate to tell you this but I have not fired the SOCOM. I love the feel and have heard great things about it. I am going to squeeze of some rounds in the next few months however.

You cannot go wrong with an M1A however!

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I have the fullsize, its my go to gun for iron sight fun. I am probably going to get a 16 or 18" version sometime, throw and aimpoint micro on it, and make it my go to gun for hosing things at close range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom