• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    2. Most ranges in Maryland do not permit full auto.

4. Some ranges prohibit rapid fire or have a "one shot per second" or similar rule in place

6. Some ranges do not permit targets with images representing a person.

8. Some ranges have a "3 rounds max in a magazine at a time" or similar rule.

these are ridiculous and I would boycott any range that enforced these rules.

Completely agree. You only find rules like that in non gun friendly states. Where the attitude spills over to the the gun people who assign scary mystical abilities to firearms. I assure you in the rest of the country that stuff is RARE and laughed at as silly. The RSOs here are super cool. They shoot with you alot of times. Ask to try your stuff and you share with them. Not the "look at my vest full of patches" and respect my authority. In fact finding a range with RSOs out here is tough. I prefer it that way. I don't need a babysitter. I understand at indoor ranges especially in a place like MD with all the yahoos though.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    you are invited to shadow any one of my range officers at hap baker ( or any other public range for that matter) for a busy weekend to see what its like, ( leave your gun at home ). you will see that we don't sit around and make up rules. WE ONLY REACT TO THE WAY, YOU, THE PUBLIC BEHAVES.

Very Very True. This can even can be said about the private ranges as well. Attitude is contagious! Weather it be good or bad.

Feb 28, 2013
    for those of you who complain about this rule or that rule and say you don't understand why. I will once again make my offer.
    you are invited to shadow any one of my range officers at hap baker ( or any other public range for that matter) for a busy weekend to see what its like, ( leave your gun at home ). you will see that we don't sit around and make up rules. WE ONLY REACT TO THE WAY, YOU, THE PUBLIC BEHAVES.

One fella now banned feels otherwise...

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=139254&highlight=trip+hap+baker

chetjp

Mar 22, 2014
    AA county
    Great info

This is great information. Some ranges also require empty chamber indicators during cease fires. You can make one with a tie-wrap and a piece of cloth or leather. I have a bunch in my range bag to lend or give away.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    About 10 years ago in Hawaii I had a guy next to me shooting a 357 mag. The RSO came over to talk to him and turns out he had 3 squibs in a row. So glad the RSO stopped him from firing the 4th shot. They spent a while getting those 3 bullets out of the barrel. The rest of his ammo was ok. So glad the RSO was paying attention.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    About 10 years ago in Hawaii I had a guy next to me shooting a 357 mag. The RSO came over to talk to him and turns out he had 3 squibs in a row. So glad the RSO stopped him from firing the 4th shot. They spent a while getting those 3 bullets out of the barrel. The rest of his ammo was ok. So glad the RSO was paying attention.

Someone else besides the RSO was watching out for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom