• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    He will never be prosecuted for one reason and one reason only. Can you name that reason??

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    What I find absolutely reprehensible is all his allies coming to his defense without knowledge of any of the facts. I have no idea of what transpired during this incident except that it was reported to have been witnessed by police and, his by his own admission, that someone should have advised him that his permit was about to expire (Wrong!). So if this 'episode' was witnessed, what does the Black Community know that the police witness doesn't know? What can they possibly add to the discussion except to inflame and provoke a racial response?

This is similar to the Tawana Brawley affair--the Rev Al Sharpton and others jumped to her defense with all sorts of racist allegations but when it was found out to be false and that she made up the story, all the members of the Black Community were surprisingly quiet. Nobody however retracted their statements or apologized for their actions. Let the black leaders take a stand, right or wrong, for their community and people and it seems to be very acceptable even in the absence of hard data or facts.........

However the facts that are known or at least admitted are that Mr. Conaway's permit had lapsed, and he stated that it was the responsibility of the MSP to remind him to renew which it is not.

If further investigation reveals that he has been carrying his weapon with an expired permit then he has been violating Maryland law; I would further state that he has publicly shown ignorance of the responsible possession of a carry permit (knowledge of the laws) something that a highly-regarded public official should NOT be doing. Now, whether or not we can prod the Maryland State Police into enforcing it's laws is a whole 'nother story.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Maybe Gansler can tell us why Conaway can get a permit, but someone like Wollard is denied?
    I'd also be curious how long Conaway had the permit. I'm guessing he's had it renewed several times and forgot this time.

wynnstudio

"Member"
    Feb 15, 2011
    Parkville, MD
    Getting better by the day. The police report has been released. The police saw him pull his coat aside and show the gun. They then stopped and went a spoke with Conaway and he admitted as much to them. Now he's denying having said that.

After learning the permit was expired BCP meet him at the courthouse to seize the gun.

time will tell

wynnstudio

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Where's that police report?

These incidents start bringing bad(or good for us) press for a clearly corrupt system. The more and more the public understands how the system works, the less and less they'll like it and it'll be harder and harder for the yearly shall-issue bill to keep getting shoved in someone's desk.

Edit: The blogger says Conoway's daughter has a frivilous lawsuit against him and Frank apparently isn't at the courthouse for his 100k/year job when it seems he should be: http://charmcitycurrent.com/meister/
    Neither he nor Conoway called the cops, so someone must have seen the gun.

Last edited:

Squaredout

The Widows Son
    Mar 25, 2010
    Someone help me out here. The Police knowing him to have an expired permit told him to bring the gun to the court house instead of the police department to turn it in? Sounds like he violated another law.

Also the sheriff was asked about court house staff brining guns to work and the reply was I don’t check them for guns?

This is going to get good.

Squaredout

The Widows Son
    Mar 25, 2010
    Maybe Gansler can tell us why Conaway can get a permit, but someone like Wollard is denied?
    I'd also be curious how long Conaway had the permit. I'm guessing he's had it renewed several times and forgot this time.

I thought Norton was posting the good clerks application?:)

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I thought Norton was posting the good clerks application?:)

My guess-There will be no "specific" threats mentioned, it'll be all vague. Putting it next to Wollard's latest application and you'll be have to be reminded who got approved and who got denied.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Did anyone notice this more amazing anecdote: his lawyer suggested he should essentially get a pass because he had a permit (albeit expired) and it's not like he didn't have one AT ALL. He at least GOT one unlike most every other person in the state.

Srsanbo

Massive Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    Did anyone notice this more amazing anecdote: his lawyer suggested he should essentially get a pass because he had a permit (albeit expired) and it's not like he didn't have one AT ALL. He at least GOT one unlike most every other person in the state.

Getting better by the day. The police report has been released. The police saw him pull his coat aside and show the gun. They then stopped and went a spoke with Conaway and he admitted as much to them. Now he's denying having said that.

After learning the permit was expired BCP meet him at the courthouse to seize the gun.

time will tell
    wynnstudio

So an expired permit should allow you to brandish a firearm when you are upset with someone? I am eager to see how this all goes down.

I wonder how much pressure is being applied by ACLU cronies. *sigh* business as usual in MD.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Maryland would not allow that.

Everyone who was issued a permit, would have one for life. Effectively taking away the state's ultra-regulatory authority.

edit: After thinking about it, Frank Conoway Sr. might do permit holders some good. If he wins his argument, when MD issues a permit, it's good for the life of the holder or until it's revoked via due process.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    edit: After thinking about it, Frank Conoway Sr. might do permit holders some good. If he wins his argument, when MD issues a permit, it's good for the life of the holder or until it's revoked via due process.

You're assuming that Maryland would apply the laws of the elite to the mere peons, but it is an interesting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom