• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This does not apply to 3paul10 because I know he has gauges because he got many from me.

Just a reminder for those who are helping others, be aware of your limits. Having build tools is only one aspect of building a safe and reliable AR. If you don't have gauges, it's still guess work, no matter who makes the parts. Believe it or not many people have the wrong gauges for things like 5.56 and don't even know.

Every class except one, which I have taught in the past year has at least one student that has a severe gauging issue. Some classes have multiple users.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    This does not apply to 3paul10 because I know he has gauges because he got many from me.

Just a reminder for those who are helping others, be aware of your limits. Having build tools is only one aspect of building a safe and reliable AR. If you don't have gauges, it's still guess work, no matter who makes the parts. Believe it or not many people have the wrong gauges for things like 5.56 and don't even know.

Every class except one, which I have taught in the past year has at least one student that has a severe gauging issue. Some classes have multiple users.

:D

Hate Work

Nov 29, 2016
    CentralMD.
    Paul: Thanks for the offer. I did things the "easy" way. Bought the upper and then parts. All I have left is to mill my 80% lower. First AR turned out great. This one is a 300BLK. What you are doing is nobel. Don't listen to the crickets who wish they were heard.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Not to side track 3paul10's thread, but if someone has a mill with the code preprogramed, and is willing to let someone else push the "Go" button, it would be a good way to expedite a bunch of 80%ers.... :innocent0

Start your own thread.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    LOL

DA can attest to the fact that I’m real and not suspicious My choice of screen name wasn’t the most thought out lol. I’ve never tried or used marijuana or any drugs in my life. Maybe I should petition here to change my name

Just add 420 in the front or back of you handle and that should take care of anyone thinking about Mary-Jane :innocent0

Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Might have to touch base if I have any issues with my build. I’m a ways away, but I have family in Htown so could just use it as an excuse to pay them a visit. I went the easy route though and bought an assembled upper, so im hoping the rest is easy.

I know you don’t know me, but I swear I’m of good character, I couldn’t say that on the internet if it weren’t true.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Might have to touch base if I have any issues with my build. I’m a ways away, but I have family in Htown so could just use it as an excuse to pay them a visit. I went the easy route though and bought an assembled upper, so im hoping the rest is easy.

I know you don’t know me, but I swear I’m of good character, I couldn’t say that on the internet if it weren’t true.

Ha! PM me when you want it checked.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Just Magpul’d mine out but I have no idea what’s lurking beneath. I can sell ice to an Eskimo but I’m not handy :(

Attachments

• D77762B6-98DA-4BB7-9155-AEB2E9BDFC01.jpg
      D77762B6-98DA-4BB7-9155-AEB2E9BDFC01.jpg
      48 KB · Views: 164

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom