• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So this is where we are: between now and May 9th, Gov. Hogan can act to sign the Red Flag bill and make it law with his blessing, or veto the bill to kill it.

On May 10th the bill automatically becomes law if Hogan takes no action.

I don’t think the Governor wants to sign it because he knows how much the 2A community sees this law as a Democrat gun grab dressed up as a “safety” measure.

So between now and May 9th, the window is open to convince Gov. Hogan that vetoeing the bill will not affect his re-election chances.

Bills that clearly enhance this Goverrnor’s re-election chances are embraced quickly, and most likely would have been signed by now with great pomp and circumstance.

I am confident our protests have created a major conundrum for the Gov.

Our best hopes for a veto lay with continuing to bombard the Governor’s inboxes and Facebook page while we plan further sidewalk protests.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    So this is where we are: between now and May 9th, Gov. Hogan can act to sign the Red Flag bill and make it law with his blessing, or veto the bill to kill it.

On May 10th the bill automatically becomes law if Hogan takes no action.

I don’t think the Governor wants to sign it because he knows how much the 2A community sees this law as a Democrat gun grab dressed up as a “safety” measure.

So between now and May 9th, the window is open to convince Gov. Hogan that vetoeing the bill will not affect his re-election chances.

Bills that clearly enhance this Goverrnor’s re-election chances are embraced quickly, and most likely would have been signed by now with great pomp and circumstance.

I am confident our protests have created a major conundrum for the Gov.

Our best hopes for a veto lay with continuing to bombard the Governor’s inboxes and Facebook page while we plan further sidewalk protests.

Thanks for the update!!

Basically he has two questions to ask himself concerning HB1302. 1) Does the final language of the bill satisfy my concerns that I posed in the March 1st letter? 2)If not, am I willing to allow the bill to become law?

So the question now to Gov Hogan needs to be "are you satisfied with the language in the bill HB1302". If so, please explain how how each of your concerns were satisfied. If NOT then VETO the bill. Allowing the bill to become law without your signature is the SAME as if you signed it.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I really think he needs to look if it is a feel good "Bill" or would it even amount to anything but a erosion of rights . None of this crap they come up with is based on facts , always emotions . IMHO

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Hopefully much has changed since this website update.

More emails sent/calls made. Hopefully Hogan will not file for a restraining order against me.

http://governor.maryland.gov/2018/02/28/governor-larry-hogan-announces-school-safety-initiatives/
    To take immediate action to further restrict access to guns for
    individuals with mental illnesses or a violent criminal background, the
    governor announced support for several targeted initiatives, including:

• Support for “red flag” legislation, which allows family members or law enforcement to petition the court for an order that would prohibit an individual from possessing firearms or ammunition if they were deemed by a judge to be a danger to themselves or others.

• Federal action to institute a universal background check system, which the governor has supported since his campaign.

• Support for legislation to strengthen and clarify current law to prohibit an individual convicted of domestic violence from possessing firearms, which was a factor in the recent murder of Prince George’s County Police Corporal Mujahid Ramzziddin.

• Support for legislation banning “bump stocks.”

Thanks for the update!!

Basically he has two questions to ask himself concerning HB1302. 1) Does the final language of the bill satisfy my concerns that I posed in the March 1st letter? 2)If not, am I willing to allow the bill to become law?

So the question now to Gov Hogan needs to be "are you satisfied with the language in the bill HB1302". If so, please explain how how each of your concerns were satisfied. If NOT then VETO the bill. Allowing the bill to become law without your signature is the SAME as if you signed it.

The only question he is asking is "how many votes will I lose if I sign versus veto it"...He cares nothing about guns, gun owners or gun rights..

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Putting our money where our mouth is, the “Veto The Red Flag Bill” campaign continues today outside the Governor’s Mansion. We came to Annapolis early on our way to the HPRB hearings tonight.

Now, as for that wardrobe diversity thing...

Attachments

• 27988F8C-A984-4CB5-832A-8808AB828FE3.jpg
      27988F8C-A984-4CB5-832A-8808AB828FE3.jpg
      110.9 KB · Views: 253
    • 47AD3B3D-C41F-4D56-BF0E-932E08F64C46.jpg
      47AD3B3D-C41F-4D56-BF0E-932E08F64C46.jpg
      118.6 KB · Views: 271

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Putting our money where our mouth is, the “Veto The Red Flag Bill” campaign continues today outside the Governor’s Mansion. We came to Annapolis early on our way to the HPRB hearings tonight.

Now, as for that wardrobe diversity thing...

If your phone starts to ring and you don't recognize the number, answer it, It will be GQ looking for that next cover model!

Nice job R&R and DL!

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    The only question he is asking is "how many votes will I lose if I sign versus veto it"...He cares nothing about guns, gun owners or gun rights..

You are probably correct but sending him an email asking him to explain whether or not the current HB1302 bill met his concerns puts him on the spot to defend his actions.

Since we all know that the current language of the bill doesn't meet his concerns, he will have a hard time trying to spin it to us.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We are past the point of asking the Governor to explain how his stated expectations jive with the final Red Flag Bill.

We have eyes to see and have read his letter and now the final bill. So at this point our demand is “Governor Hogan, veto the bill for not meeting the criteria you PUBLICLY set out at the beginning of the process!”

Simple as that.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Why do elected officials think generating more bills means they're doing their job?

I'd vote for the next candidate who swears to do absolutely nothing once in office. Not one bill. Not one "yea" vote.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I could go for any entire legislative session where all they do is repeal old laws. No new Bills, just get rid of the thousands of old laws.

Someone should run on that platform. Would you want to bet if they'd win?

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    I’d sure vote for someone that went to task on removing any and all Les either being ignored, are obsolete, or simply make no sense!

I think all legislature critters should be tasked with - for every new law, they need to repeal 2 existing laws!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The coat and tie presentation today got a lot of looks and there was a lot of activity at the Governor’s Mansion with the big black SUV’s coming and going through the Governor’s back gate, along with staffers quitting at 4 o’clock.

We know the Governor saw the signs today because of the amount of security in his motorcade as he returned home.

Also one of the Senate staffers talked with us about Red Flag, and then remarked “You guys are tough — just don’t give up do you?” One passing soy boy commented that “everyone should submit to a mental exam to buy a gun.”

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Is it just an amazing coincidence that Hogan was out of Annapolis on April 14th? Since this was known to be a day of rallies all over the country to show support for the 2nd Amendment, why would he leave Annapolis? If he supported the 2nd, he should have been there and at least waved to his subjects from a balcony. But instead, he decided to beat feet and not be anywhere near the rally.

Why is that, I wonder?

Events that were scheduled several months in advance, even before the national 2A day was mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom