• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Do you carry when you ride? Any special steps you take? I have OWB holster, and an IWB. Usually use the OWB, I assume the IWB would be better on bike?

Thanks.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Do you carry when you ride? Any special steps you take? I have OWB holster, and an IWB. Usually use the OWB, I assume the IWB would be better on bike?

Thanks.

I do not carry when I ride, as I live in Maryland, and have no valid CCW for MD.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    IWB, or under the arm holster with jacket, thing is ... someone see something peeking out of your belt your going to get pulled over and it's going to a poop storm to splain that away.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I do, what and how I carry depends on conditions. In hotter weather It's an XDS 45 in a kydex pocket holster in my pants pocket with a short armored mesh jacket. If I'm going further, or if it's below 80ish I'll wear a longer "adventure" jacket with an OWB G19 in a Vigitac kydex holster(high ride pancake with adjustable retension), it conceals just fine under the jacket, or an untucked shirt. I can set the retension to be plenty secure, have an ALS holster, but it's bulkier, and haven't really felt the need for that level of retension. IWB on a bike sucks, it will jab you as you shifty body position, and they tend to lack the retension of an OWB or a pocket holster in a zippered or velcro pocket. Make sure whatever pistol and holster you choose works can be drawn and fired with riding gloves.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The grip of your firearm poking out from underneath your shirt is, in my mind, not "showing" your firearm. And OC is perfectly legal.

I guess a "poop storm" has different definition.

I'm guessing if your driving on your bike gun flashing around and an officer see's it you are going to get stopped in Maryland. And then you will probably have said officer's gun pointed at you for a bit while this is all sorted out.

So yeah...I call that a poop storm. Regardless if charges are placed or if what you are doing is perfectly legal.

If I recall there was some debate rather MSP would take a permit if you were OC'ing. Might not get you arrested but could cause you some legal fee's trying to maintain or get your permit back.

I certainly wouldn't be zipping around with my shirt flying up exposing a handgun in Maryland not expecting an officer to care.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Who doesn't expect a biker to wear a vest?

IMG_2606.JPG
    http://www.eagleleather.com/concealed-carry-vest-20177/

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I was disappointed to find the thread had noting to do with horses. I'm just so two centuries ago.

Truthfully, though, from horseback is a great way to see Maryland, unless you prefer low and slow in a Piper Cub.

Anwil6

May 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    I was disappointed to find the thread had noting to do with horses. I'm just so two centuries ago.

Truthfully, though, from horseback is a great way to see Maryland, unless you prefer low and slow in a Piper Cub.

Riding horseback is one of the most beautiful and amazing things in this WORLD. Horses are very gentle and majestic creatures. Huge stress reliever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually, someone I knew prefered to go full scale mid 19th century. He prefered to OC his cavalry sabre when he rode ( his horse) dowb to the 7-11 .

When I get off work this afternoon, I am going down to the local biker supply store to try out a cpl of the vests with the inner pocket. My intention is to get whichever fits me better and/ or I prefer the apearence of . ( And I don't even currently own a cycle.)

Will report back to the the thread a review of the in stock options.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    When deciding how to carry on a bike, think about sliding down the road with the impact driving the gun into the part of your body it's strapped to. On a longer trip, I would consider off body carry. For a quick commute or grocery run I'd be very leery of anything near the spine and keep it in mind if you do start to go down. If wearing a riding suit or jacket with plates, put it outside. Better to grind your gun away during a slide than have the gun grinding on your ribs or spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom