• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I have a decent shooter's belt now for IDPA, but I've lost some weight and it's too big. I'd like to just replace the nylon belt and keep the cobra buckle I already have to save a few bucks. Anyone know of a good place to buy just the nylon belt?

Everywhere I look I can only find the complete setup w/buckle.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For my usual belts , that would involve a hole punch , YMMV . (Semi-humor, but only semi )

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    For my usual belts , that would involve a hole punch , YMMV . (Semi-humor, but only semi )

:)

My problem is that the adjustable part of the belt on the right side has gotten so long that it runs to where my holster is and makes the belt too thick. If I cut off some of the length I'll lose too much of the Velcro.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    :)

My problem is that the adjustable part of the belt on the right side has gotten so long that it runs to where my holster is and makes the belt too thick. If I cut off some of the length I'll lose too much of the Velcro.

How about shifting the buckle center of the belt to the left side more to allow more belt room on the right for the holster? PITA but possible. I have done this before.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Very popular in action shooting. I just picked up a Double Alpha belt and haven't had a chance to run it yet, but it feels sturdy. Very stiff.
    Only issue is the 2 piece belts are not legal in IDPA. Locally they may not give you a hard time about it. Think about a training or operaters belt for IDPA. I use one like these when I can't use a 2-piece belt:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/3398875712/propper-720-heavy-duty-belt-1-1-2-aircraft-aluminum-buckle-nylon?cm_vc=ProductFinding

What size do you need? I actually have a second belt that is too small for me that I acquired with something else.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Take it to a local shoe/luggage repair shop and see whether they can shorten it from the buckle end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom