• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    Nothing is more exciting than seing your first ar build come together piece by piece. At the same time nothing is more frustrating than having something catastrophic happen to stop the build right in its tracks.

I am building my AR with a Seekins Percision lower, everything thing was coming together beautifully until the last piece. Rear take down pin detent! With the Seekins lower a couple of things that are difference, the bolt release, integrated trigger and the position of the rear detent pin. It is located right next to the safty detent and its held in by a tiny hex head screw, which i found out the hard way stripps very easily. After trying for another 30 mins I gave up and called Seekins. After I explained what happened they admitted that it has happened before, but to my surprise they offer to pay the shipping for me to send in my receiver and they offer to replace it. On top of that Matt the gunsmiith offered to put together the new lower if I send them the lower parts. That sure calmed me down a whole lot.

I know things happen when you dread it the most but so far the service from Seem top notch, I will keep you updated with what happends.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    steel screw vs. aluminum upper. it's actually quite easy to strip threads. it's also very very easy to go get a tap slightly larger in diameter, a small hex screw to match, and re-do the hole yourself in about 30 seconds. ;)

And by the way, that's not the most frustrating thing in the world.

Whiskey dick with a solid 9-9.5 bent over the couch waiting for you.....that's way worse.

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    steel screw vs. aluminum upper. it's actually quite easy to strip threads. it's also very very easy to go get a tap slightly larger in diameter, a small hex screw to match, and re-do the hole yourself in about 30 seconds. ;)

And by the way, that's not the most frustrating thing in the world.

Whiskey dick with a solid 9-9.5 bent over the couch waiting for you.....that's way worse.

Lol

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    just FYI, thought i'd confirm we turned your thread into a string of penis jokes. hope you don't mind. welcome to me on caffeine. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom