• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You do get the application number in the e-mail stating the buyer is Not Disapproved, but correct there is no Pin number referenced, or the firearm that is being transferred.

Here is what I got.
    Dear James Smith,

Congratulations. Application, 201703XXXX, has been Not Disapproved by the Maryland State Police. Please contact your Buyer, XXX XXXXX, to arrange transfer of the firearm. Please be aware that Maryland Public Safety Article 5-124(c) requires the transfer of the regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as being Not Disapproved.

Click the following link to complete the sale of your weapon: Complete firearm transfer.

Thank you,
    The Maryland State Police,
    Licensing Division
    410-653-4500

Joejoe

May 26, 2018
    77r form on hold for review

what is MSP saying at this point on hold its been seven days and nothing yet it is a holiday weekend ? anyone know the answers?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If your 7th day falls on a Sunday or a holiday, the next day is the 7th day.

It’s 7 days not 7 calendar days

The attached is from the back of the old paper 77r from MSP. AFAIK, it remains in effect even with the electronic submission process. I assume the computer takes all this into account when sending your "not disapproved" email.

Attachments

• 77r 7 day wait.jpg
      77r 7 day wait.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 1,742

Joejoe

May 26, 2018
    I applied last Saturday does that mean my 7th day will be Tuesday by the states standards since its memorial weekend?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Okay thank you thought maybe i filled out something wrong didn't know what the email meant

You will get an actual email that says not disapproved and you can pick it up. like this:

Dear Joejoe,

Congratulations. Your application, 2018xxxxxx, to purchase a regulated firearm from _______________ has been Not Disapproved by the Maryland State Police. You may return to the selected firearm dealer to arrange pickup/transfer of your item during the dealer's regular business hours.

When you return to your selected firearm dealer to pick up your item, you will need the application PIN in order to complete the weapon transfer. The PIN for application 2018xxxxxx is: yyyy.

If you have already taken possession of the firearm in question, or you believe you are receiving this email in error, please notify the Maryland State Police Licensing Division immediately at: 410-653-4500.

Thank you,
    The Maryland State Police,
    Licensing Division
    410-653-4500

I applied last Saturday does that mean my 7th day will be Tuesday by the states standards since its memorial weekend?

I confess I am a little confused: you said above you applied on Saturday. Did the dealer submit the app on Saturday? What matters is when the dealer submitted the app.

If FFL submits an app Saturday, you should be able to pick it up Saturday because the 7th day is Friday. As an example, I submitted an app Apr 7th and picked up Apr 14th, both Saturdays.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some dealers mistakenly didn’t count the submission day as day 1.

With the advent of the eportal system, the day you get the email is what counts, not what the dealer interprets as day 1

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    In Joejoe's case there is some conflicting info however: "MSP saying at this point on hold" and "didn't know what the email meant" and "I applied last Saturday"

MSP does not send emails that the status is "still on hold," one sees that by going into eportal and viewing the application (and it will say "Under Review" not on hold). So I am not sure who sent what email and what it says.

It could very well be that even after 7 days the app is still under review because MSP did not get the health records or something.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    I’m currently staring at my phone waiting for a buzz

In the context of this thread, I made the purchase and Dealer submitted everything on 10/1. I expected my “not disapproved” today but maybe tomorrow?

My previous 77r was 2/7/18 to 2/14/18

Last edited:

joyd69

Jan 18, 2017
    P.G. County
    I’m currently staring at my phone waiting for a buzz ��

In the context of this thread, I made the purchase and Dealer submitted everything on 10/1. I expected my “not disapproved” today but maybe tomorrow?

My previous 77r was 2/7/18 to 2/14/18

You're not the only one playing the waiting games 10/2......:sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If the 7 th day is a holiday, it’s the next day that’s number 7 so it may be tomorrow. Emails normally go out around 7 AM IIRC

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    If your 7th day falls on a Sunday or a holiday, the next day is the 7th day.

It’s 7 days not 7 calendar days

The attached is from the back of the old paper 77r from MSP. AFAIK, it remains in effect even with the electronic submission process. I assume the computer takes all this into account when sending your "not disapproved" email.

If the 7 th day is a holiday, it’s the next day that’s number 7 so it may be tomorrow. Emails normally go out around 7 AM IIRC

See the last sentence of the image... if the 7th day is a Sunday followed by a legal holiday, the firearm is transferred on Wed.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    77R submitted: 10/1
    "Not Disapproved" email: 10/10, 6am on the dot.

I noticed this line which confused me: "f you have already taken possession of the firearm in question, or you believe you are receiving this email in error, please notify the Maryland State Police Licensing Division immediately at: 410-653-4500" - what does that mean? It certainly implies receiving the firearm prior to the email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom