• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01m6ta

Jul 12, 2012
    Undecided on which shotgun I am going to go with...does anyone have any in stock?

Thanks

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    Late to post but I recently bought an M3000. Spent $15 on a benelli extractor and extractor spring and the gun will now cycle any load I throw in it.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    If you can at all afford it, then skip the M3K and just buy a Benelli M2. I have at least 6 friends with the M3K, almost all have installed the Benelli extractor and about half of them can not get their gun to cycle consistently. It has something to do with the bolt not rotating enough when feeding a fresh shell. Buy one, cry once.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    If you can at all afford it, then skip the M3K and just buy a Benelli M2. I have at least 6 friends with the M3K, almost all have installed the Benelli extractor and about half of them can not get their gun to cycle consistently. It has something to do with the bolt not rotating enough when feeding a fresh shell. Buy one, cry once.

I have an M3K and don't have any problem with cycling. I did put a Benelli reduced power hammer and trigger spring kit from Taran Tactical and a polished aluminum follower in it. But it runs any load I put in it just fine. Of course if you can afford an M2 by all means get one

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have an M3K and don't have any problem with cycling. I did put a Benelli reduced power hammer and trigger spring kit from Taran Tactical and a polished aluminum follower in it. But it runs any load I put in it just fine. Of course if you can afford an M2 by all means get one

The guys I shoot with run their shotguns hard and often. When I say they can't get their gun to run consistently, I mean the may have a 3%-5% failure rate. It isn't like they have a misfeed every other round, but rather they have to manually cycle the action during the middle of a stage because of a light primer strike. Not the end of the world, but it is enough to ruin your match.

If you can get the M3K to run flawlessly, then it is the best competition shotgun for the money. Almost everything is done for you from the factory. It just really comes down to was your gun built on a Wednesday morning or a Friday afternoon.

Another way to look at it is that by the time you outfit the Benelli with everything that the M3K has, you will spend more than $1500 (assuming you can open the loading port yourself; if not, then add $300 to that). You can buy almost 3 M3K's for that much and you are almost certain to get at least one or two of those to run perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom