• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Saw this MG34 in an upcoming auction, way beyond my means and not even sure what kind of license one would need for Maryland. Tried to insert image but did not work.

https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-lot/Absolutely-Fabulous-and-Rare-Original-Matching-an_D184987B0E/
    Absolutely-Fabulous-and-Rare-Original-Matching-an_D184987B0E

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I came across an MG34 parts kit on a steel dummy receiver a few years ago for $1.7k. I think parts kits are $1.5-2.5k right now.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Worth nothing to me. A bunch of parts for a gun I can't build. $1.99

Why can't you build it? I have a Semi MG34 built from a bunch of parts.

I would offer $300 tops.

Sure, $300 is a steel. I like making money, so I would consider an offer much higher. Its worth a lot more at market value.

A real MG34 would be $30-50k...this is a display with a faux receiver

MG34s have been selling in the high $20k-low $30k price range. Not many have gotten up to $40k since the recession.

I came across an MG34 parts kit on a steel dummy receiver a few years ago for $1.7k. I think parts kits are $1.5-2.5k right now.

Yeah, you are in the ballpark.

For those ignorant on turning MG parts kit into semi auto guns, you should check out 1919a4.com. You can turn many of these into semis. I have personally done it to Browning 1919a4, MG34, MG42, FAL, AK47, AK74 and have plans on many more. 1919a4s are the most common of the belt fed. However MG34s are pretty common too. Very cool guns. These parts kits are often used as a base for a post sample MG too. Very good stuff!

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    JEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!

I was thinking as a kit on a dummy receiver, $500 - $1000.

If someone out there is the "go too" for building semi's out of kits, then maybe $1000 - $1200.

Considering the fact this is a rare bird in kit form, and 34's aren't exactly found everywhere, building this on a semi might bring it to $1500 if a quality build?

I would think someone wanting a post-sample 34 on the cheap would pick this up, build it, and enjoy it. But $12,000.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    JEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!

I was thinking as a kit on a dummy receiver, $500 - $1000.

If someone out there is the "go too" for building semi's out of kits, then maybe $1000 - $1200.

Considering the fact this is a rare bird in kit form, and 34's aren't exactly found everywhere, building this on a semi might bring it to $1500 if a quality build?

I would think someone wanting a post-sample 34 on the cheap would pick this up, build it, and enjoy it. But $12,000.

Semi auto kit built M1919s are $2.5-3k and semi auto MG42s are $4-5k. The 42 builds are far more common than 34s since people can use Yugo M53s and MG1/MG3 parts are also common to make them shoot 7.62 NATO. Semi auto MG34s are a good bit more expensive.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    I don't dispute that. But at those prices are they selling like hot cakes? I've seen belt-fed semi's languish for months, even years waiting for someone to buy it since the price asked and the price one is will to pay don't always meet. I have a friend who builds semi-auto belt-fed '19s and the like.

I'm sitting on a semi-auto M60 kit back in my current state of residence. From what I see, the money is in the kit and not the build as I've watched semi-auto 60s get offered, then put away from another time, then offered again only to end up being broken down into a parts kit and finally selling.

In short, prices quoted by me are what I would be willing to pay. All things considered. Sorry for not clarifying that earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom