• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wonderful news! The groups that often need them the most are coming around. The Dems may be forced to change their tune.

May 13, 2005
    A double edged sword to say the least. While the 2nd Amendment and CCW applies to everyone equally, just because they can doesn't mean they should. I do applaud more folks getting their CCW, in general. However, I also know sheeple. When the sheeple start buying guns because it's the trend, not because it's an inherent right AND comes with a huge responsibility, it's a recipe for disaster. The left is starting to buy guns at a much higher rate then ever before, and some of them, I would guess a small percentage, will come to the realization they are exercising a right, and will practice, and step up to the awesome responsibility of gun ownership. However I would also guess that most of them won't and when the next round of school shootings happen would gladly give up their trendy purchase because their liberal propagandist of the hour says that new trendy thing they own needs to go for the safety of the children. It will further be politicized then that a vast number of gun owners are turning in their guns and supporting gun control measures in greater numbers than ever before.

I've said it before as other members have brought it up in the past - as with examples in history - Arming the wrong people can and will lead to further erosion of gun rights in the long term. Again, I AM all for more folks coming to the realization for what the 2nd Amendment is, and the great responsibility it entails, just remember when you promote gun ownership and CCW make sure it's not the to batshit crazy, the indifferent or the liberal mindset trendsetters of the hour that will turn on you and become anti-gunners at the sight of a media blurb.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I teach HQL and a significant number of my students are women and minorities. That's a wonderful thing because when we (me and the other instructors) teach HQL, we don't just rubber stamp students and send them on their way. We're hands on and emphasize safety and best practices. I don't like the fact that people are required to get the HQL, but I figure if they have to get it, I'll make sure they know enough to be safe and effective.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I teach HQL and a significant number of my students are women and minorities. That's a wonderful thing because when we (me and the other instructors) teach HQL, we don't just rubber stamp students and send them on their way. We're hands on and emphasize safety and best practices. I don't like the fact that people are required to get the HQL, but I figure if they have to get it, I'll make sure they know enough to be safe and effective.

Lemons -> lemonade. I like it.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    That's great. It also brings different races of communities together.

We need stuff like this to defeat the liberal plans of driving a wedge between black/white/brown, and controlling their votes, while appearing to be a savior.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    That's great. It also brings different races of communities together.

We need stuff like this to defeat the liberal plans of driving a wedge between black/white/brown, and controlling their votes, while appearing to be a savior.

Exactly. I tell people that I'm a feminist because I believe in making every woman the physical equal of a man by arming her and helping her to be competent. I show my commitment to the real black lives matter by helping law abiding African-Americans understand how to safely own and operate firearms. Gun laws first grew out of the racist response to the 13th and 14th Amendments, ending slavery and giving citizenship to those born or naturalized here. The racists realized that if blacks were equal citizens, that they would be able to own firearms and protect themselves from racist oppression. That's part of the legacy of the NRA.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I hold disdain for anyone who presumes to determine any otherwise law-abiding citizen is not worthy of making the personal choice of whether to avail themselves of their right to self-protection.

But, hey... I'm funny that way.

;)

Or... as the Missus says...

She wants the BGs to start wondering, "Is Granny packing?"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom