• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fogman

Troop wants to do a weekend in Gettysburg with a bike tour. Just starting to do the planning for a June trip. Any recommendations for camping and a good tour company?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Chem

Aug 1, 2018
    When I was in scouts we used to camp very close to the battlefields. Not sure about tour guides but they had some great little museums and alot of different "ghost walks" you could go on.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Our Troop stayed at Camp Conwago in November. Pretty nice small camp about 20 minutes to Gettysburg visitors center.

Thete are package deals available for groups. Tours, museum and cyclorama. I think we ended up charging $35/scout for this trip and that also covered a big Thanksgiving meal.

https://newbirthoffreedom.org/camping-2/camp-conewago/

Hope you guys have agood time. We did

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When I was in Scouts there were "National Historic Trails" that we would hike. I think they had a whole program with stops along the way to learn about different things. We did Philadelphia, DC and Gettysburg. Maybe they have something similar for riding?

I'm pretty sure we did Gettysburg in 3 different trips. I think I still have the 3-piece patch. A main section and the blue trail and the grey trail

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Our troop camped at McMillan Woods inside the Gettysburg National Military Park last Oct.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    pine grove furnace and Caledonia state parks are relatively nearby, and a nice woodland campground.

fogman

When I was in Scouts there were "National Historic Trails" that we would hike. I think they had a whole program with stops along the way to learn about different things. We did Philadelphia, DC and Gettysburg. Maybe they have something similar for riding?

I'm pretty sure we did Gettysburg in 3 different trips. I think I still have the 3-piece patch. A main section and the blue trail and the grey trail
    I'm hoping to get them started on the patch while we're there. I'm going to order a few copies of the workbook.
    Still trying to gauge how much history they want to get into. I'm thinking more of a ride with a tour guide.
    b69151a1af60597f02dfd258b43175ee.jpg

Last edited:

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I'm hoping to get them started on the patch while we're there. I'm going to irder a few copies of the workbook.
    Still trying to gauge how much history they want to get into. I'm thinking more of a ride with a tour guide.
    b69151a1af60597f02dfd258b43175ee.jpg

I like the patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom