• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    What mags fit this gun? Any interchange with one or more handguns?

Thanks

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No interchangability with handguns (except Uzi, I guess). I have had good luck with Metalform. Promags suck.

baltech

Feb 23, 2013
    I've bought uzi mags with notch cut in them at gun show in Chantilly. No last round hold open though.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    You’ll want a mag loader with these. They’ll make you cry if you’re loading more than a few.

Attachments

• FDFB60B8-36AD-43F6-B434-4BD3DF9928D6.jpg
      FDFB60B8-36AD-43F6-B434-4BD3DF9928D6.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 208

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You’ll want a mag loader with these. They’ll make you cry if you’re loading more than a few.

Oh yeah, though generally the plastic follower ones are easier than the metal follower ones. The metal follower mags are made for the SMG version but Colt often also ships them with the semis.

Also beware of some of the orange plastic follower factory mags and make sure they fit before buying. There was a batch that made it out a few years ago that will not fit the magwell, oversized (ask me how I know).

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    ASC mags are good. They make a ten rounder, too, so you aren't completely mag-less in MD. And I've gotten them at the York, Harrisburg & Gettysburg shows.

The MagLula loader (#: LU16B) works well. Haven't tried the Colt one.

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    The poly ProMags need a little tweeking to work.

Take it apart. Look at the feed lips. The polys are different as there are feed ramps on the sides. These have flashing that needs to be removed. Take a sharp knife and cut them down. Use a dummy cartridge to check your work. When you have it right, the round will not snag on the flashing and will move smoothly out of the mag.

Also, there will be flashing on the follower. The hold open flange on the follower might need to be sanded down just a bit until it moves freely by gravity up and down in the mag body. I have some 15 of the poly mags and they all work after this treatment.

The ASC mags are good but the springs may not be assembled correctly out of the package. If it doesnt feed, take it down and check.

The Colt and Metalform mags are GTG.

The mag loaders shown work fine. The Maglula is the best and worth the money IMHO. In a pinch, you can put the round on a bench and press the mag over it.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    ASC mags are good. They make a ten rounder, too, so you aren't completely mag-less in MD. And I've gotten them at the York, Harrisburg & Gettysburg shows.

The MagLula loader (#: LU16B) works well. Haven't tried the Colt one.

+1 on ASC. Also the Maglula loader is amazing for loading and unloading. just a little lever to flip and drop in the new round.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I buy original Colt mags from High Rock Outfitters. He is an IP here on MDShooters. He has great prices on original Colt mags and any other mags you may be looking for. Great guy to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom