• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    Ive been toying around with buying an O/U for trap shooting. I was perusing gunbroker this morning and ran into this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/675883515

when i found it, the cost was at 550.00. I looked around and found these Citoris usually go for a lot more than this, so i impulse bid and got at a really good price

Are there any known issues with these that I should look for when it arrives?

Last edited:

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    I have the Citori White Lightning. No known issues through 6 years of ownership and definitely not a safe queen.

Hopefully a great find for you.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    no issues - great guns. I have a 3 1/2" chambered 12 version and have used it for skeet trap ducks & geese for 20 years. For $655.00 you stole it. Based on the high comb and because the auction doesn't say it is probably a fixed full choke trap gun. If so you can always send it out to have choke tubes installed if that matters. I wouldn't bother. I shoot a lot of vintage guns with full chokes and do just fine even at skeet. Most chokes give you another couple inches of pattern at target ranges and most misses are feet....

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Ive been toying around with buying an O/U for trap shooting. I was perusing gunbroker this morning and ran into this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/675883515

when i found it, the cost was at 550.00. I looked around and found these Citoris usually go for a lot more than this, so i impulse bid and got it for 655.00.

Are there any known issues with these that I should look for when it arrives?

Great find Grayson! I shoot clays at Bull Run. Let me know if you would like to go someday.

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    no issues - great guns. I have a 3 1/2" chambered 12 version and have used it for skeet trap ducks & geese for 20 years. For $655.00 you stole it. Based on the high comb and because the auction doesn't say it is probably a fixed full choke trap gun. If so you can always send it out to have choke tubes installed if that matters. I wouldn't bother. I shoot a lot of vintage guns with full chokes and do just fine even at skeet. Most chokes give you another couple inches of pattern at target ranges and most misses are feet....

im not too worried about it . I know it's an older gun an i figured it would be full chokes as well. I'm just a casual clay shooter, so it should be just fine. Thanks for confirming my thoughts, i figure that its probably close to being worth twice what i paid for it.

Last edited:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    im not too worried about it . I know it's an older gun an i figured it would be full chokes as well. I'm just a casual clay shooter, so it should be just fine. Thanks for confirming my thoughts, i figure that its probably close to being worth twice what i paid for it.

Methinks you figured correct....or at least close to correct.

Great find! Give ya seven fiddy! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom