• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    A Mini-14 is fine. However, for myself, for a SHTF weapon, I prefer the AR. I like the way the AR can be personalized AND the tactical look. Did I mention that the AR's shoot great. :party29:

I have a STAG Model 3 carbine and a STAG Model 6 Long Range Varminter. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Actually, I have (1) Stag lower and (2) Stag uppers. ( which is another plus for the AR)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    True, but modify a standard bolt to fit and it remains legal... now how is that for being completely twisted around the shaft. Modifying the firearm would be illegal (Firearm being the receiver), making a part fit, still leaves it incompatible with the factory M1A bolt.

Mark

Yeap.

The whole law is dumb as dirt.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I don't understand the Mini-14 love, either... I think it's because some people have an irrational love of guns with nice wooden stocks.

The Mini-14 is a not a bad rifle, but AR-15s these days provide a better gun for less money, especially when you consider long-term ownership.

Mark at Precision Firearms has some real nice wood furniture for AR's. I do like my Mini though.

kenny1773

Jan 5, 2014
    5 pages of mini 14 talk and no one mentions the A Team? ;)

My mini is from the 90's, not the most accurate gun ever, but I like it for some odd reason and don't have any plans to get rid of it.

I like my AR's too, variety is good

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There's nothing evil about them. That's why they are still legal. Heck here's my Grandma's mini.

IMG_0110cs.jpg

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    A Mini-14 is fine. However, for myself, for a SHTF weapon, I prefer the AR. I like the way the AR can be personalized AND the tactical look. Did I mention that the AR's shoot great. :party29:

I have a STAG Model 3 carbine and a STAG Model 6 Long Range Varminter. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Actually, I have (1) Stag lower and (2) Stag uppers. ( which is another plus for the AR)

My SHTF gun is also an AR I designed specifically for the purpose.

1-4x first focal plane illuminated scope, with a 16 inch melonited (of course) 4150 CHF conventional rifling 5.56 chamber socom profile barrel, carbine gas sytem (I'd prefer to have it over gassed, I find they work better this way, if a bit hard on the mechanism) with heavy buffer. This rifle is a tack driver, I had experimented with the SOCOM profile because it reminded me of a tapered hunting barrel, and I'll be damned if it isn't seemingly just as accurate as an HBAR but WAY lighter. For the lower I used an original Bushmaster lower that came on one of my favorite rifles, this was mainly because the castle nut was staked and it is seemingly unable to malfunction. Anyways, point is I was able to build it into EXACTLY what I wanted it to be, light and handy and accurate enough for precise aimed shots out to hundreds of yards.

Go AR

Oh, and as of today ALL my builds that are the way I want them are staked.

THANK YOU CHAD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom