• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Just wondering if anyone here goes to the Thursday night trap shoots a BCGF?

I went last night and it was both my first time at BCGF (to shoot) and my first time shooting trap. Had a lot of fun and I plan on going back.

I asked one guy there if he was on mds and he had no idea what I was talking about. After I explained the site to him he said he would check it out.

Feb 28, 2013
    I've been there on Thursday night a few times. Last time though I shot such an awful round I haven't been back in a couple years. Hopefully nobody remembers that.

Other than that I like shooting there. Nobody looking down their nose at me for shooting the poor man's way, with a pump.

As for the guy you talked to, he may very well be a member here. He mighy not have wanted to identify himself. As one of the less popular guys here I wouldn't either. I hate to wind up having a problem with a guy I've never met before for no reason.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I used to go every Thursday for about two years but after my buddy passed away that I would go with , I have not been there for a while. I do hear the shotgun fire from my house every Thursday !:D

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I used to go every Thursday for about two years but after my buddy passed away that I would go with , I have not been there for a while. I do hear the shotgun fire from my house every Thursday !:D

Is it public or do you have to be a member? If we can find shells I'll go with you ( as long as you promise not to laugh at my score)

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I was shooting the "poor mans" way as well and I was using an IC choke. At the end one of the guys asked to see my barrel and then recommended I use at least a mod choke. A few of the old timers were very helpful and were having me do practice shoots while giving me pointers. I was very impressed with those running the event. I only shoot a 7/25 but I did hit my first bird in position 1 than went hard left. A few of the guys said that was the hardest bird possible and it's very hard to hit....beginners luck. .

It was cold last week but we had a steel barrel fire going which made it feel like camping and shooting.

Cost was $4.50 per round. You only need to bring your gun, shells, ear and eye protection, and desire for fun.
    I shoot like crap and even had a few hiccups when it was my turn to shoot and everyone was very helpful.

My first round on shoot 25 I realized I didn't have another shell in my box and I said pass but the guy next to me tossed me a shell.

I'm going back this Thursday if anyone wants to meetup. I think one of my shooting buddies, MDS member, is coming.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Is it public or do you have to be a member? If we can find shells I'll go with you ( as long as you promise not to laugh at my score)

Thursday night is public. Universal loads are easy to find at Walmart and dicks, but the max they let you use is 7 1/2 shot.

See my post above about score...I'll be to busy laughing at myself.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Other than that I like shooting there. Nobody looking down their nose at me for shooting the poor man's way, with a pump.

Never worry about that , I have had occasional D-bag there ranting on about there shotguns and how great they are, the same bla bla BS .

The most expensive one I have ever owned was close to 4 grand . I sold it do to my divorce and to be honest and I only bought it as a investment.
    When we would get the occasional guy there that was decked to the hills from other clubs with his 15 grand shotgun and putting down everyone else . I would deliberately smoke his ass with a cheap 200-300 dollar shotgun .

Nothing more would piss me off then have other person put down another shooter because his shotgun did not start a 5 grand and up.:mad54::mad54:

Now don't take me wrong there are guys that a pros and have top line guns and equipment. And I have no disrespect at all for them .
    But man it chaps my ass when I hear someone being knocked for what they shoot for the intention of being an a-hole only .

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    I was a member then , but Thursday nights are public. I have sold all my shotguns since then . I may pick up another in the future.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I do hear the shotgun fire from my house every Thursday !:D

Same here and it is one of the reasons I
    moved over here. My raffle number wasn't picked last year for club membership, hopefully luck will be on my side this year.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    A few of the old timers were very helpful and were having me do practice shoots while giving me pointers. I was very impressed with those running the event.
    I'm going back this Thursday if anyone wants to meetup. I think one of my shooting buddies, MDS member, is coming.

There are some good guys there that can give you very good instruction and pointers.
    Later down the road when I pick up another shotgun I will get with you and reseymore and we can meet up , Its been so long for me you will be smoking my arse by then. :D

Feb 28, 2013
    Yeah I thought they usually shut it down around 9:30. It's rare that I work that late.

I bought a Browning BPS to shoot there. Shells eject out of the bottom so the guy next to you would appreciate that. Been wanting to try it out.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Just went out to buy some 12 gauge 7 1/2 shells and I was shocked that Dicks in White Marsh didn't have any and I only found two 25 round boxes at Walmart in White Marsh....I guess the ammo run has hit 12 gauge as well. I've only got enough for 4 rounds of Trap so unless I can find more, my new found interest in Trap will be short lived.

geichel

May 4, 2012
    Perry Hall, Md
    i can agree with you guys on the any gun will do the trick... im pretty terrible myself but i have friends with 200$ guns that shoot 24's and 25's every time... im all out of money this time of year but i would be up for some trap this summer... im always looking for new people to shoot with!

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I don't normally get there til about 8:30. Usually, regular trap is done but that is when the games start. I will never be a competition trap shooter but the games are a blast! I ts only a buck or 2 for a round and it is a good group of guys. I am easy to find since I shoot an old Savage that is a copy of an A5. I won't be there this thursday but most I am. Let me know if you'll be there and we can meet up.

Feb 28, 2013
    I was there tonight. Didn't get to shoot though. Figured I would've caught the last round or 2 of trap so I could get some shells!:facepalm:

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I was there tonight. Didn't get to shoot though. Figured I would've caught the last round or 2 of trap so I could get some shells!:facepalm:

I was there as well. Green Ocean City MD hat and brown fleece. I did two rounds and now my best round after a total of 4 rounds is 14/25.
    I also did the 3 gun elimination cut throat/horse match...when I was second gun, I shot out one of the old timers who was really good. Beginners luck :)

I met a guy there who just got out of the service as a bomb tech, really cool guy, not sure if he is on MDS.

Sling Blade, did we meet?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom