• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ve got an Echo binary trigger on my 300b/o that I would like to replace with a traditional trigger. Other than the Stock AR trigger and a Giessele SSA on another rifle I have no hands on experience with any other types or brands.

I like the rapid fire aspect of the Echo but frankly the trigger just feels crappy any other time you are not shooting in binary mode. So if the replacement had a short reset and single stage it would probably work pretty close.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    LaRue has their MBT triggers on sale right now for $87.00. I’ve got one on a 300 BO and bought two more for future builds. For the price you can’t go wrong and if you like it you’ve got plenty of time to pick up a few more at that price will be in effect until Christmas.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    How about a 3gun trigger from Gisselle? I have the SD3G in my 300 and like it a lot (besides the flat trigger lol)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    For a fun gun, I like the B-GRF. Very quick trigger. Price is usually pretty good. Can find it on sale for $130 at Brownells.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have had a few, tried a lot more, for a defensive rifle the SSA is tough to beat, but if it's just a range or competition rig, then I've become a fan of the Timney Calvin Elite, my main 3gun rifle has worn it for 2 years, replacing previous AR gold, Hipertouch 24C and a S3G. The break is stupid light for a drop-in at 20oz, but there is 0 movement before the break, so it actually has a good feel, and is very controllable. Reset is short and VERY strong and distinct, FAR better than the AR gold I had most recently. It comes with a variety of aluminum trigger shoes that clamp onto an adjustable steel post, set whatever reach, offset and angle you want. It's the fastest trigger I have used, and works fine for longer shots once you get the hang of it. Only downside is the complexity and potential for accidentally bumping it, although it has a passive safety notch to prevent firing if dropped, not sure how well it works, but tried smacking the stock with a rubber mallet, and it didn't drop the hammer. the screws never come loose, but trying it out in a 9mm build, I overran the action fairly easily, and would get a dead trigger on occasion, hasn't happened on rifle cal builds at all.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Get a MBT from Larue or get a SSA-E.

There are cheaper Geissele Triggers but the Hammer Retainer Retainer on them is not a great design.

Avoid the pack/cassette triggers and single stage triggers. They are for gamers.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    FWIW there is a new trigger bow available for the ECHO II and there are aftermarket springs to clean up the trigger pull if you decide to keep it.

IMO, the design of the triggers are pretty good for it's intended use, but the cast/MIM parts are not durable.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For a fun gun, I like the B-GRF. Very quick trigger. Price is usually pretty good. Can find it on sale for $130 at Brownells.

I know you like these. I like them too. They have a very short travel and a crisp release. Very smooth. This certainly fits the OP's description.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ve got two Echo’s so I think i’m going to get one MTB now and keep my eyes pealed for a special on the B-GRF. Thanks as usual for the helpful info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    What are you going to do with the Echo you have now?

I had been unknowingly carrying them in my pocket while hanging out on my friends boat. While helping to get a big striper on deck they fell out of my pocket and into the bay.

Unbelievable right? But thats my luck.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I had been unknowingly carrying them in my pocket while hanging out on my friends boat. While helping to get a big striper on deck they fell out of my pocket and into the bay.

Unbelievable right? But thats my luck.

That sucks ! And I thought I was the only one to do that with my Echo ! How big was your striper ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    Geissele SSA trigger on sale

If you wanted to get a Geissele SSA trigger they are on sale this weekend at Brownells. They are $189.99 and if you enter the code NCS the total with shipping is $174.99 out the door.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    If you wanted to get a Geissele SSA trigger they are on sale this weekend at Brownells. They are $189.99 and if you enter the code NCS the total with shipping is $174.99 out the door.

I noticed that last night but decided on the SD-3G. Is very similar to the B-GRG that Testeros recommended but with a straight trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom