Justice Department and ATF Begin Regulatory Process to Determine Whether Bump Stocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    You guys know your rights are protected but not on these forums, right? These are privately owned forums and if the owner saw fit, could easily censor our posts.

Now if the government tried to step in and stop you from exercising your rights, we'd have a problem...

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    You guys know your rights are protected but not on these forums, right? These are privately owned forums and if the owner saw fit, could easily censor our posts.

Now if the government tried to step in and stop you from exercising your rights, we'd have a problem...
    And water is wet. :)

Not sure of the point if your post; I think most of most know that. But maybe not.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks for the moniker correction....fixed :lol:

I didn't think that my opinion on this particular aspect of 2A would necessarily be popular. However last time I checked my post is still a basic right under the 1st amendment (just as your wonderful opinions, statements or creations are). We all don't have to agree on all aspects. It's not an all or nothing stance across the broad spectrum of gun regulations; especially in this state of Maryland where gun rights are already seriously eroded (and nothing of my doing). I am a law abiding , voting, hard working, tax paying, gun owning veteran who is a productive member of the community and have only resided in Md for 5 years. Fortunately, I don't plan on being here any longer than I have to. {BTW- great job you long time residents! WTF?!? }

On this one item, clearly I am in the minority and of of no threat or consequence. Yet I am not the whack job that went psycho on hundreds of people in Las Vegas. Direct your disdain, rage, piss and vinegar at the proper Representative, Senator, national committee or branch of justice department.

You're a veteran, fought and were willing to die for our freedoms, and still have this view?

Thanks for your service but I'm going to have to agree with the Gentleman from Glen Burnie, you ARE the problem.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'll just leave this right here, if ya don't mind.

Attachments

• Washington.jpg
      Washington.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 346

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    And water is wet. :)

Not sure of the point if your post; I think most of most know that. But maybe not.

He was responding to Exuberons post that said he had a 1st amendment right to post his opinions on this board, which he doesn't. Posting on this board is a privilege.

Post correted

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Not to stoke the fire, but since we are all expressing our 1st Amendment Rights here, I will add that fully automatic weapons (not fauxly automatic) are PRECISELY the types of arms that our founders would have wanted in the hands of private citizens, since their purpose is to serve as a buffer against tyranny.

I agree. But I think we're in the minority.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Bump stocks were just a loophole device for getting around full auto (MG) prohibition/regulations. I feel many of those that have these devices, derail and damage the credibility of 2A rights and ownership.

I personally don't believe there are too many instances where a civilian "needs" or has a "right" to fully automatic weapons.

However, like other firearm prohibition/ban milestones.... if you feel you NEED to have one of these; I suggest you get one while you still can.

Your Avatar Contradicts your opinion/belief.

Besides What is a "LoopHole Device" is it something to assist in tying your shoe laces? (or sounds like "Assault Weapon")

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Your Avatar Contradicts your opinion/belief.

Besides What is a "LoopHole Device" is it something to assist in tying your shoe laces? (or sounds like "Assault Weapon")

When he says "come and take them" he really means "Let me know when y'all can come pick them up, whenever it's convienient for you of course":sad20:

Chinrednek

Jul 3, 2012
    Thanks for the moniker correction....fixed :lol:

I didn't think that my opinion on this particular aspect of 2A would necessarily be popular. However last time I checked my post is still a basic right under the 1st amendment (just as your wonderful opinions, statements or creations are). We all don't have to agree on all aspects. It's not an all or nothing stance across the broad spectrum of gun regulations; especially in this state of Maryland where gun rights are already seriously eroded (and nothing of my doing). I am a law abiding , voting, hard working, tax paying, gun owning veteran who is a productive member of the community and have only resided in Md for 5 years. Fortunately, I don't plan on being here any longer than I have to. {BTW- great job you long time residents! WTF?!? }

On this one item, clearly I am in the minority and of of no threat or consequence. Yet I am not the whack job that went psycho on hundreds of people in Las Vegas. Direct your disdain, rage, piss and vinegar at the proper Representative, Senator, national committee or branch of justice department.
    A common misconception about the 1A, that private citizens, companies, organizations must allow you to voice your opinion. Common decency allows decenting opinion. 1A says the GOV can't suppress your opinion. FB, or Twitter suppress opinion all the time. Just clarifying.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    A common misconception about the 1A, that private citizens, companies, organizations must allow you to voice your opinion. Common decency allows decenting opinion. 1A says the GOV can't suppress your opinion. FB, or Twitter suppress opinion all the time. Just clarifying.

There are some exceptions to that rule. Company towns is one. Also recently, I think there is s decision that some social media cannot be censored, if for example, it's a politician's website where he or she is running for office.

I've always wanted to see how stadiums provided with taxpayer funding and owned by taxpayers can censor. I know caselaw is out there, just don't its reasoning.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The regs/comment BS is just blather with no definitions, heaped high with feelings.

We can stop this infringement on 100 YEARS+ Of firearms case law, but we must show up!

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    The only thing that can fix this is a one year NFA amnesty!

It's the only way to be sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom