• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooterzurg

Redneck Democrat
    Has anyone fed this to any of our Delegates as ammunition? The closing paragraphs show - in their own words - what they're really trying to accomplish with licensing.

MicheleM

Feb 13, 2013
    Cecil County
    Do we have a right to own something so dangerous? The liberal majority say no. But we have dogs in our homes. Raised correctly with training they are not a danger unless threatened. Raised the wrong way and they will be wild and aggressive. It's all in the owner's hands.

Banning dogs will have to be the next step for Mr. Curran if he's so concerned about harmful things in the home.

Infantry

Feb 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I give true believers like this no pardon. In a struggle to hold our freedoms this kind of aggressor against the constitution is nothing but an agent for the master of lies. He would have served Stalin well.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    My favorite line from the special anti-gun report:

Why should we put our State at any greater risk by allowing it to become a mecca for unsafe guns?

I like it because in describing how it should be allowed to sue gun manufactures and gun owners if their gun is stolen and used in a crime; they associate mecca and pretend guns somehow have their own evil agenda.
    ----

My second favorite line is:

We should not pass up this opportunity to make Maryland a safer place for our children and grandchildren.

In part because this is like my tag line 'make Maryland a better place', but I mean it in exactly the opposite way, by educating and teaching personal accountability and responsibility.

Guns aren't the problem, people are the problem. Gun control is people control.

I also like the line because the anti-gun crowd shamelessly and relentlessly use children as a prop; when the reality is that places designated a 'gun free zone' they are actually creating a 'target rich environment' that maniacs seek out to cause as much havoc as possible.

Ask an anti if they will admit that had some of the teachers and administrators been armed that lives would have been saved.

The truth is on our side. No more excuses, no more hyperbole, let's have an honest discussion.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just going to place these here for now. If anyone is interested in this topic, these are pretty good and very current articles on the issue.

The bottom line is that most people don't care or even think much about firearms. And those that do, and overwhelmingly pro-gun. Best estimates are that less than 5% of the US population cares at all about this issue.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/lexington/2013/03/gun-control-0

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/gun-deaths/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/28/politics/obama-guns/index.html?hpt=po_c1

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/feature/wp/2013/03/22/gun-deaths-shaped-by-race-in-america/

inlinecharts2.jpg

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...llows_left_to_lead_on_gun_control_immigration

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/poll-onl...media-care-about-gun-control-and-immigration/

gy8vx_n0fecpwgztrgcbvw.gif

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    You have to love how so many Maryland officials acknowledge a "business need" for handgun permits but not permits for personal safety. IMO it goes to show that our government really doesn't care about the well-being of individuals.

Where did the permit issue begin? History books say 1972. I say different. It began in Maryland in 1886. What was significant about 1886? Free black men owned and carried firearms that they received during the civil war... you know the one that led to the end of slavery. The economy was never to be the same. Blacks, now full citizens, they had the right to keep and bare arms. Southern states developed the "black codes" and regulated guns to keep them out of the hands of blacks. They said, only officials could open carry. 1972, urban crime was on the rise. Maryland developed the permit ccw and said you needed a "good and substantial" reason. Again, IMHO, they could control who got a permit and who did not. In the 80's Maryland banned Saturday night specials because they were "dangerous" and led to crime. Any oldtimers remember when they called Saturday night specials "******town saturday night specials"? Yes the **s are the N word. Yes, the law was to keep inexpensive handguns out of reach. Why do most guns cost $400+? Quality and safety? NO. Hi-Point proved that a gun can be inexpensive and safe. It was designed to keep concealable guns off the streets. Google what I am saying and you will find it is true. Google the Mulford Act, a law that targeted open carry and blacks in California. Mulford wrote it, Reagan signed it. A Republican signing gun control? yes. Listen, Gun control is about people control. Google the Sullivan Act... a law designed to regulate guns among poor immigrants. Now in 2013 they are regulating arms on the average White American. What is the reason for that? People control. It's not about race anymore (in most cases). It is about the haves and the have nots. The average person is a have not and the Haves (Rich politicians <no U.S. senator is middle class>, Bloombergs of the world) do not want the have nots to have these liberties. Check it out. Because there is a history of regulating guns when it came to blacks, it set up the basis to regulate them for everybody.

Last edited:

Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    "Our goal, then, must be to eliminate widespread handgun ownership...

The presence of handguns in homes across America endangers everyone. We do not need them ....We certainly do not need handguns badly enough to continue numbly to accept the pain and anguish they inflict. Handguns exact too high a price. We should pay it no longer."

More people, every year, are killed by motor vehicles than handguns. Every year! Changing 'handguns' to 'automobiles' makes more sense. But, then again, the goal of the Fascists is not safety or regulation . The goal is control.

Infantry

Feb 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    They are working toward restricting many freedoms. Driving a vehicle has become a "privilege" since it isn't found in the constitution. Notice if you don't follow their other rules like paying taxes, alimony, or child support they take away your driving privilege, you know, the one bestowed on you by the ruling class in Annapolis. The time has arrived for them to take the next step in Maryland on guns. The gun grabbers got this last one through without even much of a squeak from the gun rights community in Maryland since they gave up on the referendum and foolishly went for a legal fight. You see where that went so the whole thing was a charade. They are just waiting for another mass shooting to take it to the next level which will limit other weapons and require ammo purchase background checks.

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    Didn't notice on the thread if someone caught this but the link to the PDF doesn't seem to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival

Isn't Curran related to our current governor?

Father in law

BUMP:

X-Referencing a new thread "Why is Maryland so anti-gun" that may benefit from this discussion.

I added some context about the Curran 'dynasty' and his endorsement of Gansler and Frosh to carry on his obsessive, guilt-driven anti-gun campaign.

But, it is Curran’s views about guns which are nutty. In an interview in February of 2000, Curran told me how his daughter had been car-jacked in the early 1990s by a man with a handgun. He also spoke about how his father had been shot at in Baltimore’s City Hall and later died of a heart attack.

Instead of focusing on criminal behavior, his emotional response forces him to go after an inanimate object.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2950941&postcount=52

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    In his defense, it seems like he truly believes that what he's doing is for the benefit of mankind. Doesn't make it right, but damn I'd love to know how people are that delusional.
    Hitler honestly believed in what he was doing as well. He thought that it was good for his people and it would lead to 1000 years of peace and prosperity for Germany. Look what really happened though.

The road to hell is paived with good intentions.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The attached 63-page planning paper was written and published by J. Joseph Curran in 1999. For those not familiar, Curran was Maryland's fanatically anti-gun Attorney General from 1987-2007 before he retired and Gansler took the reigns. Curran was a darling of the Cease Fire crowd and worked closely with them throughout the years.

In this plan Curran does a good job of outlining the anti-gun crowd's multifaceted plan for gradually chipping away at, and in some cases eventually banning, private gun ownership, especially of handguns. From "educating the children" to think correctly to taking background checks to draconian levels to suing the manufacturers and dealers into oblivion, it's all in there.

The report was available for a long time on the State AG's website. It's was eventually taken down, perhaps at least partially in the hope that the Pro-2A movement would forget such a bold and detailed statement from an elected official regarding the true methods and goals of gun control in this state existed. However, the Internet Archive is a wonderful thing.

Bear in mind his closing statement:

p.63

I feel threatened by wide spread ownership of automobiles, I was hit by one when I was a young boy while riding my bicycle. We need to expunge automobiles off of the face of the earth so that I will feel safe riding my bicycle.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    Guns aren't the problem, people are the problem. Gun control is people control.
    So true.

When I was in school the students had to wait outside in the morning until the administrators decided to let everyone in. So every day you would have hundreds of students just standing outside, close together, talking to each other and not really paying attention to what's going on.
    Tell me, what's to stop someone (anyone) from jumping into ANY vehicle, hopping the curb at the schools driveway, and plowing into all those kids any day they feel like?
    Absolutely NOTHING, that's what. Same goes for anyone at a crosswalk.
    Vehicular Homicide is an easy thing to accomplish, and the weapon of choice is literally sitting on the side of the road everywhere you go. You can't get rid of it no matter what argument you try to come up with, and you can't protect yourself from it by wearing kevlar, ceramic, or steel plates.

When I was with the fire department I also learned of a number of other things that are far more dangerous to public health and safety than any firearm (even in the hands of a convicted murderer). I'm talking about CBRN threats using materials that every US civilian has access to, and which can be fatal even in small amounts.
    You'll never hear about any of this on the evening news however, because aside from the fact there is nothing anyone can do about it, or that it would simply tell people how to do this stuff, the fact is public health and safety isn't part of the current agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom