• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    State House Roundup: Governor To Unveil Public Safety Bills; Computer Tax Alternative Floated
    Thursday, January 10, 2008
    WBAL Radio as reported by Robert Lang

On the second day of the 2008 session of the Maryland General Assembly, Governor O'Malley leaves Annapolis to unveil the first part of his legislative agenda.
    The governor will unveil the public safety portion of his legislative package, during an appearance this afternoon at the Maryland State Police Forensics Lab.

http://wbal.com/stories/templates/news.aspx?articleid=512&zoneid=2

We all know that “public safety” is a left wing euphemism for the never ending incremental assault on our Second Amendment rigfhts. :mad54: If O’Malley includes a so-called “assault weapon ban” or other anti rights measures as part of this, in short, we’re screwed. Its one thing for a Governor to watch things happen, then sign or veto, it’s a whole ‘nuther ball of wax with a Governor’s pet legislation. This could determine weather or not we have “Glendenning, the Sequel”, including the governor possibly blackmailing fence sitters in order to ram rod bills through. Let’s just see what happens, and hope for the best.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    We all know that “public safety” is a left wing euphemism for the never ending incremental assault on our Second Amendment rigfhts. :mad54: If O’Malley includes a so-called “assault weapon ban” or other anti rights measures as part of this, in short, we’re screwed. Its one thing for a Governor to watch things happen, then sign or veto, it’s a whole ‘nuther ball of wax with a Governor’s pet legislation. This could determine weather or not we have “Glendenning, the Sequel”, including the governor possibly blackmailing fence sitters in order to ram rod bills through. Let’s just see what happens, and hope for the best.

Funny thing is that they're going to do this at the MSP Forensics Lab...you know ...the one where they store all of the casings....that have not been used to solve a single crime...ever....waste of 2 Million bucks a year of taxpayer money

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I agree - we are screwed
    If he was able to get that tax increased passed - he should be able to pass almost anything

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    I saw on the news this morning that his approval rating was horrible with only 7% thinking he was doing a good job and 93% saying he sucks.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I saw on the news this morning that his approval rating was horrible with only 7% thinking he was doing a good job and 93% saying he sucks.

Yep, and the sheep will re-elect him I'm sure. This state is an embarassment :sad20:

Ehrlich had well over 50% approval at the end of his term and they voted him out of office as some sort of statement against President Bush. I wonder how happy they are now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom