Maryland Handgun Roster Board, O’Malley Strikes again!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    This "no Cease-ownership person on the board" is BS. I posted somewhere on the internets a copy of a news article from the middle of Bob E's term that had quoted the Cease-ownership rep on the board at the time.

(As an aside, the quoted Cease-ownership rep was screeching about how the board's approving the Omega locks was "illegal" - even though they voted to approve it themself).

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I just think it's funny that Martin O'Malley is appointing one of his cronies, plus it violates the law as written.

Last edited:

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick
    Given O’Malley’s anti-gun sentiments, this looks like an easy way for O’Malley to start banning all handguns in MD without going through the legislative process.:mad54::mad54::mad54:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If it's the same one I'm thinking of, the guy used to be the county attorney for PG County, long-time democratic party activist.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I think we are going to see some new and innovative gun-ban techniques from the lil' bastard over the next few years. He has a history of back door legislation, and basically trying anything he can do to get around political or citizen opposition to get his way. I know we can expect the standard frontal assault in the form of AWB, NJ style FOID cards and the like, but tactics like using his chronies to keep ALL new hanguns of of the approved list, expanding the "assault pistol" list, and executive orders, like the medical records release are just the tip of the iceberg. Staying buisy, and keeping up the fight are the only way we are going to keep our rights.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Look on the bright side, only 7 more years of O'Malley

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I think you guys underestimate how many people hate O'Malley now. He has alienated a lot of his base, He's gone in 2010.

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    I think you guys underestimate how many people hate O'Malley now. He has alienated a lot of his base, He's gone in 2010.

Not if E.A. Poe and John Wilkes Booth have anything to say about it! I'm sure they'll vote for him in '10.

Also think about this, the people that more than likely put him there aren't going to be feeling the crunch as hard as some of us. They more than likely benefit from the tax hikes.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Not if E.A. Poe and John Wilkes Booth have anything to say about it! I'm sure they'll vote for him in '10.

Also think about this, the people that more than likely put him there aren't going to be feeling the crunch as hard as some of us. They more than likely benefit from the tax hikes.

What about the 72.5% BGE hike, sales tax, tobacco tax, even if you're on welfare those come out of your check.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006

Decoy - I agree with you. Problem is that O'Mouthy did this in his sophomore year. He is hoping that we will forget in two more years before election time.

I - for one - won't. I never liked him and never have or will vote for him.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Btw I got the skinny on the medical records thing today. Previously ALL mental health records were totally private and unaccessable for SP review, end of discussion. This is the records that one might think are public, such as involuntary commitals, all adjudications where the person was not being charged with a crime, or where charges were dropped yet were found to be mentally unfit or a danger to themselves or others by a judgement, police picking up an attempted suicide and delivering them to a hospital, and so on. So the form you now have to fill in and sign is ONLY for those type records, not the records of voluntary admittance/stay in a private facility like Sheppard Pratt or your family doctor prescribing an anti depressant to you. Now I do not know about if you were in a private hospital for 30 days or more where you admitted yourself for treatment. I didn't ask that far.

This I was told by an ffl dealer at Ken's Outdoors in Balto county who had been a cop for 37 years.

However I am worried that O'Mouthy will push the foid cards or the rediculous mental health exams BS. Maybe if citizens of MD could ccw instead, then when some armed maniac tries something, someone will be right there to take them out or at least distract them and hold them at bay until police arrive, and other people can escape the scene. O'Mouthy can have Susanna Gratia Hupp tell him about how she wishes she had her gun inside the Luby's that day to at least try and save her parents and others, till she is blue in the face, and bonehead O'Mouthy still won't get it. It ticks me off to no end that she had a perfect spot to aim from with the BG turned so he wouldn't see her, only to have her find she didn't have her gun in her purse, she had left it in the car so as to be law abiding.

Did I I say how much I hate closeminded bonehead liberals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom