• ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For your consideration:

http://www.markskatz.com/GunLawyers.htm

I feel that much of the nation's gun control legislation is incompatible with the Second Amendment, and should not be permitted before the Second Amendment is amended. Many gun control advocates try to reduce the Second Amendment to a creampuff by arguing that it speaks of the "right of the people" rather than the gun rights of individuals. However, such a Constitutional misinterpretation would also render meaningless the following critical protection of the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting ... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." U.S. Const. Amend. I (emphasis added).

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have his card in my wallet, kinda a must have for anyone who owns a defensive firearm, out of the odd chance it may need to be used. Beats the H#!! out of digging through a phonebook at the police station if you are charged in a clear self defense shooting. (more like when in MD)

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    OK- I have two questions about this.

Wasn't Lonny Baxter caught by the Secret Service for shooting a Glock out of a moving vehicle like a block from the White House?...... He deserves everything he gets...what an :asshat:

Why does this statement concern me when I read the advertisement off of the link--

In any event, Lonny Baxter's case alerts more people that the District of Columbia is not a Constitutionally hospitable place when it comes to handguns. Virginia, on the other hand, is surreal if not downright scary, in that in many parts of the state, a license to own a handgun is all that is needed to permit a person to walk down the street openly carrying a handgun, and concealed carry permits are liberally issued.

I may be totally mis-reading this statement - but it seems to me like the guy is against VA's CCW laws. I know he's using it to show the difference between DC and VA- it still seems like he's not too cool about it though. The italicized words are not what I would describe as "positve".

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    He doesn't understand Virginia's laws

Why does this statement concern me when I read the advertisement . . . [quoting Katz] Virginia, on the other hand, is surreal if not downright scary, in that in many parts of the state, a license to own a handgun is all that is needed to permit a person to walk down the street openly carrying a handgun, and concealed carry permits are liberally issued.

These statements make me wonder how good a lawyer he is. There is no such thing, in Virginia, as a "license to own a handgun." Unless you are a disqualified person under federal or state law, you can own a handgun, and open carry is legal throughout the state (subject to statutory restrictions regarding a few types of locations, such as schools); no license of any kind is required for open carry. In fact, the reference to "many parts of the state" really makes no sense, because Virginia now has strong pre-emption laws, so the handgun laws are uniform throughout the state.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Charlie Foxtrot might be included in a pro 2A type of lawyer:innocent0, maybe he should give out some cards when he comes to the frostbite shoot. If he can't make it maybe he would want to list contact info for us to print out. Just a thought.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Charlie Foxtrot might be included in a pro 2A type of lawyer:innocent0, maybe he should give out some cards when he comes to the frostbite shoot. If he can't make it maybe he would want to list contact info for us to print out. Just a thought.

If he would like, could be sticky his buisness info somewhere?

If I ever have the need to patronize a lawyer, I would prefer to do so with someone here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom