• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I do taxidermy and have a few hundred in cash setting right here right now. But you have to get past me and the XD 40 to get to it LOL

Do you think they would give me a permit? My bank is in PA, but I have to drive a mile to the PA line first. LOL- then I could get nonres PA with the MD permit, and take over with the non res PA permit, which would allow me to continue packing and have lunch and buy more ammo at Walmart afterwards LOL.

My only hitch is that darn charactor reference thing and mental health records.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Your thoughts on cashing your pay check, (or ss check, retirement check,) then depositing that cash in your account. :rolleyes:

Keeping the "cash" deposit receipts as "proof of cash deposits"! :D

Just my 2¢ :innocent0 :innocent0

shawn

Oct 23, 2007
    I guess you answered for me.

I will put that as my "compelling need"

I just think if we all do it maybe one or two will get approved by accident.
    So now I am really discouraged about applying in Maryland at all.
    I am probably not going to do it after all.

after reading this thread http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4242

and after specifically reading excerpts from the scherr lawsuit and reading some of the language of the handgun permit review board, I realized that they make it not hard to get a permit but impossible.

"The Board concludes that the applicant’s vague apprehensions of danger and personal anxiety over the crime situation are not sufficient to support the issuance of a handgun permit."

"The statute makes clear that it is the Board[,] not the applicant, that decides whether there is “apprehended danger” to the applicant. If the Act were read as Mr. Snowden would have the court read it, there would be no necessity for a review by the Board. Each person could decide for himself or herself that he or she was in danger. The State Police would become a “rubber stamp” agency for the purpose of handing out handgun permits. The carefully considered legislation would be rendered absolutely meaningless insofar as the control of handguns is concerned."

So I guess it is pretty plain that we can not decide for ourselves whether or not our lives are in danger and take appropiate action to defend our lives. It seems like the state has to make that decision for us.

Hmmm..... Sounds a lot like communism where the STATE decides everything for you.

Mayber Heller can change some of this.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    So now I am really discouraged about applying in Maryland at all.
    I am probably not going to do it after all.

after reading this thread http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=4242

and after specifically reading excerpts from the scherr lawsuit and reading some of the language of the handgun permit review board, I realized that they make it not hard to get a permit but impossible.

So I guess it is pretty plain that we can not decide for ourselves whether or not our lives are in danger and take appropiate action to defend our lives. It seems like the state has to make that decision for us.

Hmmm..... Sounds a lot like communism where the STATE decides everything for you.

Mayber Heller can change some of this.

Heller will have no bearing on CCW and as SCOTUS re-wrote the question that it will address its not obvious that it will address the Incorporation Issue of the 2A.

Without Incorporation a State COULD claim that even if Heller comes out in our favor that it applies only to the Fed and that the State can still impose any regulation that it wants to...remember that DC is not a State...it is solely under the jurisdiction of the Fed.

Unfortunately I fear that the Incorporation Issue is going to have to be addresses separately and will be a separate case to SCOTUS......the most likely candidate will be Chicago Ill to settle this since their ban on HG's is basically identical to the DC Ban with the exception that Ill is a State while DC is a Fed Territory.....hence SCOTUS will be forced to go thumbs up/down as to 2A is applicable to States as well as Fed.

As long as SCOTUS affirms that the 2A is Ind Right and that Bans are Unconstitutional I hope they also have the foresight to Incorporate the 2A so we don't have to do this dance again in a few years......its a tough case and they may need to rule VERY narrowly to get a majority opinion

Bearing of Arms is a whole other ball of wax/series of lawsuits.....Heller simply lays a good foundation for all other challenges to stand upon.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    JPK1MD,

Very good post as always. Your post is the first I've seen that reflects on the change to the question that the SCOTUS would review. I have only heard a brief mention of this before and was hoping you could point me towards a good site with some additional background.

Thanks,

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom