• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    We wern't wrong. We have no idea what he would have done if the Republicans wouldn't have pressured him. We do however know that the Republicans were concerned enough that he would NOT veto it to send these letters...That shows me that we were actually right and Hogan was going to sign it until he was pressured into the veto...

Right..... Very big of you.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Hogan is the man , he is no longer lawn chair Larry ....

Though, I wouldn't go quite that far. But it is indeed a start. Maybe, just maybe we can get this going more our way or least our way of thinking. Hope springs eternal!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I hate to POOP in the punch bowl, but as long as the MSP has the OAH to fall back on, the existance the HGPRB means nothing. The only way Lawnchair Larry can be called "The Man" would be for him to instruct the MSP to stop the appeals to the OAH. My crystal ball says that ain't gunna happen.

Carry on with your meatless victory.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wish he could, but he has no control over Frosh.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    This ensures a constant and overwhelming stream of applicants going before the OAH and keep the fact that the MSP doesn't like listening to civilian oversight front and center. It also keeps the restrictions in the spotlight leading up to next session.

So if this is a constant stream, isn't this sort of like the Hawaii Rule not long ago? They say they allow permits but in reality they put up numerous road blocks and there is no legal definition of "Good and Substantial". Seems at worse we are getting more data we could use if it was tracked properly.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So if this is a constant stream, isn't this sort of like the Hawaii Rule not long ago? They say they allow permits but in reality they put up numerous road blocks and there is no legal definition of "Good and Substantial". Seems at worse we are getting more data we could use if it was tracked properly.

Any data involving approvals or appeals is a false metric. Most people simply dont apply for a permit.

The real number is how many Merrylanders have a Utah, FL, VA, or other nonresident permit, even a DC permit, but do not have a MD W&C permit. Heck the HQL process is about as stringent as most other states NR CCW permit.... how many people have HQL and not MD W&C permit.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Though, I wouldn't go quite that far. But it is indeed a start. Maybe, just maybe we can get this going more our way or least our way of thinking. Hope springs eternal!

As i explained in another post , my comments were satire . I did not include emoji's because i thought it were funnier ;)

He is still Fat Larry to me , not that i'm such a stick figure :o

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    In truth this means nothing in the scheme of things if the OAH is still in effect . I got into a light conversation with a Trooper Picklelicker at the MSP-LD and he told me they follow the law when it comes to permits and anything permits .

Unless they screw up and don't give me my modified permit by the time required by law , he gave me a mountain of reasons why it was not sent to me and then apologized . The MSP-LD is filled with a bunch of political hacks IMHO that do Frosh's bidding and are more then happy to trample our God given rights as well as our Constitutional rights in the disguise of some bullschucks they dream up while kissing Frosh's browneye

Thank You MDS for letting me speak my peace :thumbsup::party29:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I am quite surprised that Gov Larry did the right thing here. His veto did put a smile on my face for about 4 seconds.

However, if he had spoken up more during the session, it may never have reached his desk. But, we all know that he is in it for himself and not for Maryland, its citizenry, its constitution, or the Constitution of the United States. Gov. Hogan doesn't stand for anything except his own interests. That has become crystal clear to me. That makes me sad, but I take some relief in not having a Brown or Jealous that would sign anything from Bloomberg and his henchfolk.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Who's more qualified??????????????

He's the man, I know from first hand experience he knows exactly what he's doing around Wear and Carry topics.
    The problem being, Lawnchair Larry hasn't got big enough balls to appoint him. After all, you see who he appointed as Superintendent even after us gun folks lobbied him to appoint Jack.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom