• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    HB-342 Delegate Reilly
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/fr...b=01&ys=2019RS

Quote:

Clarifying that personal protection or self-defense can qualify as a good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun for purposes of the issuance by the Secretary of State Police of a permit to carry, wear, or transport a handgun; and declaring the intent of the General Assembly that an amount representing the increase in General Fund revenues, less increased administrative costs, realized from the increased number of permits issued under the Act be included in the annual budget to fund certain school mental health programs.

If I read this correctly, if passed as written, would make Maryland Shall Issue by ensconcing in law the words required on a permit application to require approval by MSP. Am I missing something?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Maryland General Assembly: any thing is possible.

Once the MGA gets done writing the mess, still has to be mashed into the COMAR and "interpreted" by the MSP and other LE agencies. It may well become something much more restrictive at the end of that evolution (I will NOT grace that goat rope by calling it a "process").

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It seems like this year the dems see hogan as sympathetic to new 2a infringements and are back to pushing them like when a known D was in the governor's mansion. Looks like my shopping list is about the reorganize itself again.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    737, prohibiting private sales.

That, plus making antiques and muzzleloaders firearms for prohibited persons.

Banning HBARs (okay, maybe it only makes them regulated per handguns. The bill text isn’t posted yet)

Making temporary transfers of regulated firearms have to go through 7-day wait, fees and then the same to go back (IE my wife can’t use any of my handguns out of my safe for self defense).

Banning CNC’d firearms.

All the laws are coming out of the wood work.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    It seems like this year the dems see hogan as sympathetic to new 2a infringements and are back to pushing them like when a known D was in the governor's mansion. Looks like my shopping list is about the reorganize itself again.

And why wouldn't they? He gleefully helped them trample on gun owners rights last session.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Making temporary transfers of regulated firearms have to go through 7-day wait, fees and then the same to go back (IE my wife can’t use any of my handguns out of my safe for self defense).

If she knows the safe combo and you leave her at the house, she constructively possesses them and your both felons.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    HB-342 Delegate Reilly

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/fr...b=01&ys=2019RS

Quote:

Clarifying that personal protection or self-defense can qualify as a good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun for purposes of the issuance by the Secretary of State Police of a permit to carry, wear, or transport a handgun; and declaring the intent of the General Assembly that an amount representing the increase in General Fund revenues, less increased administrative costs, realized from the increased number of permits issued under the Act be included in the annual budget to fund certain school mental health programs.

If I read this correctly, if passed as written, would make Maryland Shall Issue by ensconcing in law the words required on a permit application to require approval by MSP. Am I missing something?

It will never see the light of day unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    737, prohibiting private sales.

That, plus making antiques and muzzleloaders firearms for prohibited persons.

Banning HBARs (okay, maybe it only makes them regulated per handguns. The bill text isn’t posted yet)

Banning CNC’d firearms.

All the laws are coming out of the wood work.

And don’t forget only 1 shotgun or rifle can be purchased per 30 days.

Also would have to have a “long gun qualification license”, but I believe this is only required if you do not already own a long gun.

I’m curious, about letting your kid under the age of 18, use one of his parents shotguns/rifles, at the range/and or hunting?

This SB is a real POS!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Damn. This is going to cost me at least one day's leave to go up and testify against this nonsense.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    And don’t forget only 1 shotgun or rifle can be purchased per 30 days.

Also would have to have a “long gun qualification license”, but I believe this is only required if you do not already own a long gun.

I’m curious, about letting your kid under the age of 18, use one of his parents shotguns/rifles, at the range/and or hunting?

This SB is a real POS!

No, if you already own a gun, you don't need the training. You still would have to be fingerprinted and apply for the LGQL.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    No, if you already own a gun, you don't need the training. You still would have to be fingerprinted and apply for the LGQL.

Unreal. Another license. I’d say I was dreaming but it’s MD after all. Can’t have voter Id but they sure can make a license for every gun type.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Damn. This is going to cost me at least one day's leave to go up and testify against this nonsense.

What a complete and total waste of time.

They aren’t going to listen to you. They ARE going to vote exactly how they intended to vote anyway, regardless of what you say.

Take that day and do something productive instead. Do something with your kids. Or your parents. Take the wife out for a long, expensive lunch.

Anything is a better use of time than testifying, because it’s absolutely pointless.

Unless you’re going to be there specifically to hand out thousands of dollars to various politician’s campaign funds, then nothing you do is going to matter.

Money talks.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    What a complete and total waste of time.

They aren’t going to listen to you. They ARE going to vote exactly how they intended to vote anyway, regardless of what you say.

Take that day and do something productive instead. Do something with your kids. Or your parents. Take the wife out for a long, expensive lunch.

Anything is a better use of time than testifying, because it’s absolutely pointless.

Unless you’re going to be there specifically to hand out thousands of dollars to various politician’s campaign funds, then nothing you do is going to matter.

Money talks.

Take the day to go look at houses/property/jobs in a free state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom