• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Supposedly, I screwed up my birth date on one form(4473? 77r? :shrug:). Now I'm going on two weeks tomorrow. Figures, I finally break down and get a stupid HQL(only took 2 days) and now I've somehow managed to screwed myself... :sad20:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Supposedly, I screwed up my birth date on one form(4473? 77r? :shrug:). Now I'm going on two weeks tomorrow. Figures, I finally break down and get a stupid HQL(only took 2 days) and now I've somehow managed to screwed myself... :sad20:

*****Oh wow that sucks! I think last gun purchase they checked my ID and compared it to the 4473 data. Dunno if they type all of that in somewhere on their system, but usually the sales person double checks stuff, especially the birth date to make sure I guess that I am old enough to purchase a handgun, etc..

So if your birth date is wrong, I assume they cross check the other info you gave them and it is easy to see that you are you.

It sounds like they are clowning around down there and they shouldn't be holding up your purchase that much, so hopefully they release whatever it is you purchased, unless it's an AS-007 - then of course they want to make sure it is you buying it, and not some cyborg from the future looking to kill Sara Connor or some Bozo.

Good luck!

terminator.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    *****Oh wow that sucks! I think last gun purchase they checked my ID and compared it to the 4473 data. Dunno if they type all of that in somewhere on their system, but usually the sales person double checks stuff, especially the birth date to make sure I guess that I am old enough to purchase a handgun, etc..

So if your birth date is wrong, I assume they cross check the other info you gave them and it is easy to see that you are you.

It sounds like they are clowning around down there and they shouldn't be holding up your purchase that much, so hopefully they release whatever it is you purchased, unless it's an AS-007 - then of course they want to make sure it is you buying it, and not some cyborg from the future looking to kill Sara Connor or some Bozo.

Good luck!

View attachment 369373
    I'm not really sure which form I screwed up. I do know I was having major brain fog(thanks Ms. 'Rona) the day I went in to do my paperwork at the FFL. It took me 3 tries on their little tablet thingy and probably needed a fourth attempt, evidently.

But good news this morning. I got my "Not disapproved" email so I'll stop in today and pick up my new toy. :)

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    For my last 4 transfers I have received my "not disapproved" on the 8th day. None of these periods were around holidays that would push it to another day. No "delay", just "under review" per normal and the 6am email on the 8th day.

I never have issues beyond this though. Always get instant NICS approval on unregulated transfers.

Puzzling for sure.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I'm not really sure which form I screwed up. I do know I was having major brain fog(thanks Ms. 'Rona) the day I went in to do my paperwork at the FFL. It took me 3 tries on their little tablet thingy and probably needed a fourth attempt, evidently.

But good news this morning. I got my "Not disapproved" email so I'll stop in today and pick up my new toy. :)
    that is what you get for shaving off your finger prints off your fingers...

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Outrider,

I "screwed up" and found out about the HQL, prior to finding this forum, but also AFTER I had already purchased my first Glock.

Ya see, I have been fortunate enough to purchase about 3-4 tools at one of my favorite auction houses in PA. ( I need common sense chainsaw, Ramset, Box Cutter, Fertilizer and Sudafed laws now too)

Prior to when I got the Glock in 2014, I just had to fill out some paperwork, they would send the regulated tools to my FFL in Md. Brownstone Trading, and after waiting the given time, I would go pay Brad his fee and be on my way.
    But not this time. Mrs Vosburg took my call to see if it was ready, but this time she asks, " do you have your handtool permit?" SO I asked her what that is? AND said, I have my "collector's" approval. At which time she explained that I now needed something different which as you guys know is the HQL and all the added hassle and cost involved in paying for and satisfying the KING and MOM's of Md's ransom/blood sacrifices.

Needless to say, I was PISSED that my new/used Glock was likely to cost me an extra $100+ over my purchase price it would have cost me had I bought it prior to that BS date in 2013.

Last edited:

aeubank2

Jan 30, 2022
    I just want to verify with those who have already picked up their firearms. It seems some people in some of the threads on here claim to have received their "Not Disapproved" email on the 7th day around 6am, at which point they're entitled to go pick up their firearms. However, the HQL class I took, as well as the gun store I went to said 8 days. The gentleman at the store said whenever I get the email but that it would be on day 8. Can anyone verify exactly when they received their email to pickup? 7th or 8th day from application(i.e. 3/22-3/29). Thanks in advance
    I'm a dealer in Southern MD. Sometimes MSP delays by a day for whatever reason. Typically it is 7 days but if it's submitted in the evening sometimes it pushes to 8 days. If you have something in your background check that has been resolved, it sometimes takes then an extra day to verify that. Sometimes there is no good reason and they just delay by a day. The dealer literally cannot transfer the firearms in the system (there is a button that appears when NOT DISAPPROVED) until MSP authorizes it. It's all MSP, usually not the dealer. Dealers may say 8 days because they know about the 1-day delay sometimes and don't want their customers getting upset.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Filled out e-paper on 6/8; charge hit my bank 6/9; not disapproved this morning, 6/15.

BlackInjun

Jun 7, 2013
    Whoa is this a necro thread or is your computer truly that slow to post? Dial up maybe?
    Nah just been so long since I had to wait. 2013 finally called MSP after 2 months they pulled the file and I got the call next day from MSAR. Just did a 92x and was wondering. Turned out exact Tues 1030AM email Wed 600AM following week

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom