• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I love this thread.
    Me too, this is hilarious. Especially the post below.
    Exactly. If I said "I'll see you in two days!" today absolutely no one would think that means tomorrow. Your example is exactly as the law is written.

Actual law:
    (a) Seven-day waiting period. -- A licensee may not sell, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm until after 7 days following the time a firearm application is executed by the firearm applicant, in triplicate, and the original is forwarded by the prospective seller or transferor to the Secretary.

Same thing but worded differently. MSP wants to count day 1 as day you send app.

MSP site:
    On the 8th day after the application has been submitted to Licensing Division by the Dealer or Barrack you will receive an email notifying you of your final disposition

Fun fact: 157hrs after I applied, I received not disapproved email. That's technically 6.5 ACTUAL days. ;)
    6.5 days you are causing heads to explode with this post, LMAO

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MSP is sending handgun buyers notices now? Seriously, when did this start? Are they e-mailing the buyer or e-mailing the notice to the LGS who then notifies the buyer?

Been several years since I purchased a hand gun in Maryland.

77R went completely electronic Jan 1, 2017, so you now need an online account to fallout your portion of a 77R and then provide your pin number to the FFL or MSP to fill out their part. Once you get the approval e-mail from MSP, you can go pick up your handgun from the FFL. (7 day rules apply of course)

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    No we do not.
    Email notification goes to the customer from MSP.

FWIW, in a private/secondary sale, as a seller, I did get an email saying the buyer was Not Disapproved.

Exactly. If I said "I'll see you in two days!" today absolutely no one would think that means tomorrow. Your example is exactly as the law is written.

LMAO. Nope. I'd expect to see you the day after tomorrow...

So if I've picked my gun up on a Sunday and I have to wait 30 days when can I purchase again?

Or is it REALLY 31 days later ???

Do yourself a favor. Fill out the Designated Collector form, and then buy as many as you want, anytime you want...but you do still have to wait a week, or a week and a day, depending on how you perceive it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Do yourself a favor. Fill out the Designated Collector form, and then buy as many as you want, anytime you want...but you do still have to wait a week, or a week and a day, depending on how you perceive it.

Or how many Sundays fall between...:rofl:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Jesus Christ, the simplest of threads and people are pissing all over each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Attachments

• p.png
      p.png
      13.1 KB · Views: 157

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It depends. With the new system, if your projected pickup falls on Monday, it'll slide to Tuesday and 8 days. If Monday is a holiday, it slides to Tuesday for 9 days. Otherwise, it is 7 days. When you get your email, you should be able to pick up.

Are you sure?

It SHOULD be, if the 7th day falls on Sunday, it slips to Monday. And if Monday is a holiday, if the 7th day falls on the Sunday or Monday holiday, it slips to Tuesday.

Basically, no deliveries on Sunday or Holiday. Probably goes back to the original wait language, when MD had Blue Laws, and almost NOTHING was open on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom