• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    This is crazy. All three of them are dead? That kid must have been certainly trained! I'm assuming that the State of OK allows the use of force to protect your home, considering the son is not being charged with anything. Quite the interesting read, thats certain. I wonder if the perpetrators were legal? :D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This is crazy. All three of them are dead? That kid must have been certainly trained! I'm assuming that the State of OK allows the use of force to protect your home, considering the son is not being charged with anything. Quite the interesting read, thats certain. I wonder if the perpetrators were legal? :D

Why was he certainly trained? I am not saying he wasn't, but we don't know the circumstances more than 3 intruders and they exchanged some words before the son opened fire. It doesn't necessarily take more than a couple of seconds to shoot 3 closely spaced targets at short distance once each with no real training. Heck, the guy who made it outside could have been behind one of the home invaders and taken a through-and-through.

I just hope for the son's sake the police investigation finds it was a justified use of force (sounds like it was justified).

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV

Yep, Tres Hombres. Two died on the spot in the house, and one expired on the driveway. The young woman who was the getaway driver turned herself in to authorities just hours later, she's facing 3 counts of 1st degree murder, plus some other various charges. She'll likely spend the rest of her life or a very long part of it as a guest of the Oklahoma prison system.

I assume Oklahoma has the castle doctrine like many (most..?) other states do, generally, if you threaten someone with deadly force in their home they can respond with deadly force, it's more complicated than that from a purely legal perspective, but these punks were armed with knives and brass knuckles according to news reports, plus there were 3 of them versus one guy, so I would have to say that taken as a whole it certainly constitutes a threat to the homeowner, at least I am pretty sure a competent defense attorney could reasonably argue that the son with the AR-15 felt that his life and/or the lives of others in the household were endangered, and I doubt any Oklahoma jury would convict him in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom