Don't THINK ANNAPOLIS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Not being argumentative.

When an FFL calls in a NICS check on a non-regulated long gun, do you provide all of the firearm information to the background checker people?

Make. Model. Serial Number. Etc.
    No...NICS is just check with identification information of individual buying weapon. That specific gun data is only in my bound book and in forms I maintain custody of....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    But remember, when you fill out a 77r, you "voluntarily" register that firearm.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have been keeping an MDS member/firearm list .... so I know when to go to the various ranges :D

Full Disclosure: I have no list!

As for 80%'s I am guessing one must have never purchased a gun through 4473/77r for this to work, one is all it would take to get you on the list, just a guess.
    Does anyone expect anything less?! One hell of a hobby you guys have.:innocent0

mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    No...NICS is just check with identification information of individual buying weapon. That specific gun data is only in my bound book and in forms I maintain custody of....

And they collect the books when a dealer closes shop. I'll bet those are promptly scanned into a database.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If the state of Maryland has this information, you can be quite certain that the Chinese government has it.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    And they collect the books when a dealer closes shop. I'll bet those are promptly scanned into a database.
    Maybe.....but that assumes dealer goes out of business. If selling believe I have option to transfer books. Not selling anytime soon so not an expert in end of business process but believe that is an option. Bottomline it can take decades in many cases for ATF to get bound books.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I know what they know I have, and what they don't know I have. I think if all goes well, by next year what they don't know I have will outnumber what they know I have. Of course, I can lose all of that in a tragic boating accident.....

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I know what they know I have, and what they don't know I have. I think if all goes well, by next year what they don't know I have will outnumber what they know I have. Of course, I can lose all of that in a tragic boating accident.....

Better not haul your boat with your car (GPS), better leave your phone home too. again GPS. They'll know exactly where you lost them. :innocent0

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    ...and this data is shared with other countries (Canada is another country, right :rolleyes:)

When entering Canada a few years ago I was questioned at length and they demanded I produce the Glocks I was "bringing into their country".

I didn't have them on me, as I had not made prior arrangements.

But the fact they 1) knew I had hand guns, 2) the manufacture of same was quite disturbing.

Of course they did the full Monty, interviewed us and tossed the entire truck and left everything on the ground. 2 hours wasted for something we didn't even have with us.

Even managed to puncture the gallon container of OptiLube XPD :mad54:

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I hate to be that guy, but... the thread title is a double negative and it's driving me nuts. OP can you fix that please? Lol

Feb 28, 2013
    If the state of Maryland has this information, you can be quite certain that the Chinese government has it.

If we see them comin' for our stuff, we got problems a heluva lot bigger than the political incorrectness of "military style assault weapons" and whether or not libtards might be offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom