ART. 19
    BALTIMORE CITY CODE
    SUBTITLE 3
    BODY ARMOR
    § 3-2. Prohibited conduct.
    (a) Possession.
    No person may possess any body armor unless the person is:
    (1) an adult; and
    (2) expressly authorized under this subtitle to do so.
    (b) Transfer.
    No person may sell, give, or otherwise transfer, or attempt to sell, give, or otherwise transfer any
    body armor to:
    (1) any minor; or
    (2) except as expressly authorized in this subtitle, any other person.
    (Ord. 00-058.)

§ 3-4. Authorized possession, transfer, etc.
    The possession of body armor by and the sale or other transfer of body armor to any person is
    authorized only if:
    (1) the person is one of those excepted under § 3-3 of this subtitle; or
    (2) after a background check, the Police Commissioner certifies that the person:
    (i) is not a minor; and
    (ii) has not been previously convicted of:
    (A) any felony;
    (B) any offense committed with or while possessing a firearm; or
    (C) any offense involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled
    dangerous substance.
    (Ord. 00-058.)
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...iminal+code+art+19+3-2+body+armor&btnG=Search

Ridiculous. Not only do they not want us armed in Baltimore, they do not want us armored for self defense either. There should be a state preemption for body armor too!!

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    i was in de the week before christmas at a flea market and ther was a guy selling mil-surp and i passed up some hard plates(at a damn good price too) i thought body armor was illegal for all us common folk here in the communist state. got a good deal on a baonet for my ar thou so all was not lost!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Willie Donald Schaffer wanted to make it illegal for us peons. I don't think that idea got anywhere which is surprising because as State Comptroller for life I think it's certainly within his purview.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    i was in de the week before christmas at a flea market and ther was a guy selling mil-surp and i passed up some hard plates(at a damn good price too) i thought body armor was illegal for all us common folk here in the communist state. got a good deal on a baonet for my ar thou so all was not lost!
    Under state law it is only illegal for people convicted of a crime of violence or a drug trafficking crime to possess body armor. They can get an exception and get a permit though.
    For the rest of us there are no retrictions on the state level.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Novus is correct, as usual. Sad thing about the ban in Baltimore is that there are a lot of legitimate professional reasons for people to wear body armor (not to mention that just being in the city is reason enough). Cab drivers, pizza delivery drivers, and liquor store clerks are just few examples of many. I'm serious. 20+ years ago I worked at a liquor store in Aberdeen where the owner frequently wore body armor, with good reason. These people who pass these kinds of laws are complete elitist asswipes. They don't care if some poor store clerk gets killed because he wasn't allowed to have body armor. That's just one tiny statistic in the big statist picture for them. Grrrr.....I could go on, but I'm preaching to the converted I know...

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Question, wouldn't a person who has purchased a regulated firearm have already met the requirements of the city for the purchase of armor?

You have already been cleared by a higher authority than the city police as not having a violent history or of being convicted of a crime.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    As far as I'm concerned a "legitimate professional reason" is I want to wear it.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    You have already been cleared by a higher authority than the city police as not having a violent history or of being convicted of a crime.

The issue you raise is a big one that has been hashed over and over for several hundred years with no end in sight.

Who should have ultimate authority...and furthermore do/should they have the right to regulate this at ALL?

Who has ultimate authority. Local Gov, State or Fed...or god forbid The People?

Its pretty clear in the Constitution the limited powers that were granted to the Fed.....regulation of Body Armor ain't in there nor is there anything that could be remotely construed to lead me to believe that the Founding Fathers INTENDED for there to be widespread regulation of goods.

While it may SOUND convenient for the Fed to regulate (one national law) I think its clear that they (Founding Fathers) intended for the State to have more power than the Fed....ultimately its the People (you and I) that should be standing up to kick these elected official turds in their collective butts/vote them out of office for overstepping their bounds.

The notion of garbage like this being regulated at the Local level is absurd.

If ANYTHING I believe that Body Armor and ANY other tool of the Militia should be protected under the 2A.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I think this crap was passed in the wake of the police having to plug some idiot many times over to put him down while he was wearing body armor.

The law is simply so the police can kill you easier, get it?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I think this crap was passed in the wake of the police having to plug some idiot many times over to put him down while he was wearing body armor.

The law is simply so the police can kill you easier, get it?

The "rationale" behind the legislation goes something like this:
    1. A "Bad Guy" once used body armor during a crime, which made it harder for him to be stopped by the cops.
    2. Therefore, anybody who puts on body armor must be getting ready to commit a crime.
    3. If we outlaw body armor, criminals won't use it - because criminals would never break the law while committing a robbery or murder.
    4. People who work in high-risk jobs and who might have a legitimate need to wear body armor may indeed die because of this legislation, but we need this legislation in order to save lives!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Question, wouldn't a person who has purchased a regulated firearm have already met the requirements of the city for the purchase of armor?

No, not as I read it. If someone is caught with a joint when they were 18 and convicted of posession, then they can still buy a gun, but not wear armor in Baltimore.
    Also if someone was convicted for DUI for marijuana that might be considered being convicted for "use" and even though one can still own a gun they cannot possess body armor in Baltimore as I understand it.
    One can get a MD regulated dealers license and possibly even a handgun permit with these minor convictions early in life, but they cannot wear body armor according to the way I read their statute.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You can get a written letter of approval for Body Armor from the Police in Baltimore City. I saw one before.
    But you have to pay for the background check and if you have even minor misdemeaonor convictions you can be denied.
    Also, regardless of how clean one is, if one is not an adult the city of Baltimore has declared they do not have a right to protection from beign shot to death.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Great. Once again, the one place you would NEED protection, the police make certain you can't have it. Soon, they'll outlaw pepper spray and door locks.

... an S-hole city in the middle of a quickly-turning-S-hole state...

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    They are set to ban pitbulls, next will be german shepherds, rotties, dobies, cattle dogs, and anything resembling a breed that might actually deter a criminal from robbing, raping or burgling you, or will bite the criminals balls off if they are stupid enough to try. The city will ban all dog breeds except toy breeds and any breed known for licking burglars happliy.

Then the city will pass a law stating that all law abiding citizens just hand their wallets over to any vagrant looking person or any shifty looking young black man with saggy pants. Next our bank accts will have withdrawals direct into the welfare doles, bypassing all that tax stuff. Anyone fighting against these laws will be locked up for life with a 300 pound 6'7 guy who either acts like a slighted silverback gorilla, or who likes to say " you sure got a purty mouth, weee weee lil piggy"

In the mean time all career criminals with 60 mile long felony rap sheets who are picked up possessing any firearm, will get a ticket for 5.00 and get the gun back. All people with zero criminal records found with an illegal firearm will get 30 year no parole sentences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom