• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As I'm reading , it will evaluate potentially disqualifying Misdemeanor offenses by the potential penalty way back when it happened, not by later increased penalties.

If so, this seems a good thing, did I miss anything ?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Would likely help some and hurt some.

Way back when bouncing a check for 100 dollars could have been a prohibiting offense.

Now it's 90 days in jail if it isn't handled entirely as a civil offense.

Some of the older 2nd Degree Assault charges might no longer make you prohibitive as well but one would have to do some homework to make sure.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If I am familar enough with the effects of inflation upon petty theft thresholds, and am comfortable enough with those, ( and weed penalties 70yrs ago) , anything else hidden ? I'm thinking I'm more concerned about inflation of trivial assault charges.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If I am familar enough with the effects of inflation upon petty theft thresholds, and am comfortable enough with those, ( and weed penalties 70yrs ago) , anything else hidden ? I'm thinking I'm more concerned about inflation of trivial assault charges.

There's nothing to worry about with assault. When they combined Assault and Battery into 2nd Degree Assault they gave it a ten year penalty where it sits currently.

So even if it was previously prohibiting it's not going to change that you already currently.

I guess it may "unprohibit" some but it's not going to add anyone in regards to old assault or battery charges.

The federal penalty prohibiting laws would still apply so I'm not certain this is much of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom