• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I was trying to find the thread I remember reading, were members here were asked to post things that might be useful in 2A court cases. I can't find it though. If it can be found perhaps this post could just be moved into that thread?

I'm not sure if this link is useful or not but I thought I'd share it here just in case it can be used. There are additional links to the studies within the story I've linked here. I hope it helps.

More children are admitted to the emergency room each day for cotton tip swab injuries than for firearm injuries

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-05-...injuries-than-from-all-firearms-combined.html

Excerpt: "A collaborative study by the Department of Otolaryngology and the Center for Injury Research and Policy at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, published online in The Journal of Pediatrics, found that in the 20-year period from 1990 to 2010, about 263,000 young children were admitted for emergency treatment in U.S. hospitals after sustaining injuries while using cotton tip applicators. That’s about 34 injuries each day. Even gunshot wounds only send 20 children to the emergency room on any given day."

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Mike I understand the point but no one cares

I'll actually fully agree as someone who is married to an ER PA but again no one cares. There is ZERO sensationalism in cotton swabs and cotton swabs are rarely life threatening. They are accepted household items and as such the story will die a honest factual based death.

Now if the story read Chinese chemical laced cotton swabs cause serious burning......then people would pay attention. Facts and honesty are dead......sensationalism is the seller sir.

BTW I am not trying to be a dick!! And yes I totally get the point of your post and respect it!! It's just a moot point all around.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Interesting, but the article doesn't talk about the seriousness of the injuries. Hard to equate a punctured eardrum with a head or torso wound from a gunshot.
    Antis would laugh at this statistic.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Mike I understand the point but no one cares

I'll actually fully agree as someone who is married to an ER PA but again no one cares. There is ZERO sensationalism in cotton swabs and cotton swabs are rarely life threatening. They are accepted household items and as such the story will die a honest factual based death.

Now if the story read Chinese chemical laced cotton swabs cause serious burning......then people would pay attention. Facts and honesty are dead......sensationalism is the seller sir.

BTW I am not trying to be a dick!! And yes I totally get the point of your post and respect it!! It's just a moot point all around.
    Abortions and drugs also kill more, and I know a lot of liberal progressive women who don't care about it either.
    Morality in this country is in the gutter.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Stands to reason in as much as far more kids are (hopefully) in regular contact with swabs.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Not to feed the antis but I'm surprised to see the 20 a day number for injuries. As stated in the OP, I wanted to put this into another thread but was unable to find it. I agree that abortion data is more relevant. If the abortion numbers don't sway people I doubt swab injuries will have an impact. It was the juxtaposition of the injury mechanisms that I found interesting.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I have seen ear-swab injuries in kids. I have seen gunshot injuries in kids. This is a dumb comparison to make and anyone you try convince by using it will think you are retarded.

Compare it with accidental drownings in swimming pools if you must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom