• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think she has DC between a rock and a hard place strategically. I would love to have been a fly on the wall in Lanier's office while they discussed strategy for this.

I wonder how a denial might affect Judge Sculin's consideration of the contempt request from Gura

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    She could turn that around on them and say she got one because she is part of the media and has been after mpd for some time.

Her "special reasons" were that she is in the media. http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/27600498/how-to-prove-a-special-danger-to-get-a-gun-carry-permit-in-dc

To fill out one part of the application -- the basis for a good reason to fear injury -- I had to go to a police station to pull my own reports.

I have evidence of three sources of special danger. One was an anonymous phone threat. The second was a scary letter from someone else. I went to the First District Police Station near Capitol Hill. Aaron Willis helpfully pulled those reports for me.

My third “special” danger was my biggest fear. The FBI notified all media outlets in late October that there was a specific threat from a terrorist group against American reporters. I included the FBI alert in my application packet.

Next, I had to write a personal statement to Police Chief Cathy Lanier describing my “special” dangers. It was about one page.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I'm glad she got it, but to me this sets back the cause.

Now DC can say that the issue carry permits and judges will say, "alright then, good enough."

But she did show documented threats and such, so she should have gotten it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom