• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I’m looking for a very specific safe. A Liberty Centurion 18 Gun w/ Flex interior to be exact. Because of size constraints, it has the exact dimensions I️ need. Going through Libertys site, after I️ ‘build’ it, it spits out a few places that are Liberty dealers, one being a place in Glen Burnie. Anyone order from their site? Is there somewhere cheaper to get this exact safe?
    Being that I️ need that exact one really limits me but it’s what I️ have to go with sizewise and is the quality I️ am looking for.

Thanks.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    I got my Fatboy 64 from Baldinos\Liberty with no problems. Delivery is handled out of Baldinos in Towson. All Glen Burnie did was take payment for what I ordered on the liberty website. Never talked to the store after that, just the lady that scheduled the deliveries once your safe arrives in MD. I got a good deal on the 64 when they had their lucky 7's promotion. I think some of their safes are on sale now. I would order again - no problems.

Edit to add: Expect 4-5 weeks at a minimum if you are getting a custom built safe. If you ordered it now, you won't get it until after new years. The wait was the hardest part. I ordered mine back in May of this year and it was almost six weeks from order to door.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    A-1 Safes on Bel Air Rd in Falston is a Liberty dealer. Dave is a good guy and his safe prices and delivery prices are very good IME.

Lostinbmore

Junior grade mop slopper
    Dec 19, 2012
    Baltimore
    I’m looking for a very specific safe. A Liberty Centurion 18 Gun w/ Flex interior to be exact. Because of size constraints, it has the exact dimensions I️ need. Going through Libertys site, after I️ ‘build’ it, it spits out a few places that are Liberty dealers, one being a place in Glen Burnie. Anyone order from their site? Is there somewhere cheaper to get this exact safe?
    Being that I️ need that exact one really limits me but it’s what I️ have to go with sizewise and is the quality I️ am looking for.

Thanks.

I’m not going to try to persuade you. The 18 gun safe is a very small safe. I started off with the 21 thinking it’s big enough. Now I have a fat boy jr and really haven’t added to my collection much. Rifles that have pistol grips or optics don’t fit well and diminish the amount of rifle capacity exponentially. Something to think about...

However, A1 in Falston will order you what ever you want exactly how you want it. It took about 6-8 weeks to get my FBj. They also delivered it and installed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Ordered a Liberty in store at Baldino's in Annapolis, same organization. In store, I needed to identify the discounts applicable.

Took about 1.5 months and they got it down a difficult flight of stairs.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A-1 Safes on Bel Air Rd in Falston is a Liberty dealer. Dave is a good guy and his safe prices and delivery prices are very good IME.

This. Call Dave and see if he has one in stock. Doesn't have a huge inventory but you might get lucky.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Please thoroughly consider the purchase of your safe. Almost anyone who has bought a safe has regretted buying the size of safe they bought. At one time, I thought that a 48 gun safe would be plenty. No it wasn't. I'm lucky in that I have space for more than 1 safe, so it wasn't difficult to just add another safe in my gun room. You must also realize that any gun safe will not realistically hold the amount of long guns as they are advertised. Scope mounted long guns will take up more than 1 space. Larger firearms will take up more than 1 space too.

My recommendation is to buy the absolutely largest gun safe you can fit and afford. Cry once buy once.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Please thoroughly consider the purchase of your safe. Almost anyone who has bought a safe has regretted buying the size of safe they bought. At one time, I thought that a 48 gun safe would be plenty. No it wasn't. I'm lucky in that I have space for more than 1 safe, so it wasn't difficult to just add another safe in my gun room. You must also realize that a any gun safe will not realistically hold the amount of long gun as they are advertised. Scope mounted long guns will take up more than 1 space. Larger firearms will take up more than 1 space too.

My recommendation is to buy the absolutely largest gun safe you can fit and afford. Cry once buy once.

This is true!

What ever size you think you need double it to house your current collection or triple it for future space.

I think safe manufactures size safes off of an old tube fed .22 cal rifle with iron sights.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I️ understand the size issue. I️ can’t physically fit a bigger safe than the one I’m looking at. There’s one spot in my house to put a safe and it’s 28” wide. Hence the Centurion 18 which is 28” wide.

In a couple years when I️ move it’ll become an ammo safe and I’ll splurge for a 50+ gun safe with all the bells and whistles.

Lostinbmore

Junior grade mop slopper
    Dec 19, 2012
    Baltimore
    I️ understand the size issue. I️ can’t physically fit a bigger safe than the one I’m looking at. There’s one spot in my house to put a safe and it’s 28” wide. Hence the Centurion 18 which is 28” wide.

In a couple years when I️ move it’ll become an ammo safe and I’ll splurge for a 50+ gun safe with all the bells and whistles.

That’s exactly what my 21 became..

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Carolina Safe in Waldorf

Carolina Safe Co
    3265 Leonardtown Rd
    Waldorf, Md. 20601
    (301) 374-2333

Its a Mom & Pop outfit with a small showroom and no website. But they are super friendly and helpful. Pretty sure they still have and deal with Liberty safes too. Highly recommended.:thumbsup:

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Carolina Safe Co
    3265 Leonardtown Rd
    Waldorf, Md. 20601
    (301) 374-2333

Its a Mom & Pop outfit with a small showroom and no website. But they are super friendly and helpful. Pretty sure they still have and deal with Liberty safes too. Highly recommended.:thumbsup:
    :thumbsup: This they likely have 30 safes on display and deliver . If your in the market for custom built trike they do that also

bhtr

Feb 1, 2013
    Calvert County,
    Carolina Safe Co
    3265 Leonardtown Rd
    Waldorf, Md. 20601
    (301) 374-2333

:thumbsup: This they likely have 30 safes on display and deliver . If your in the market for custom built trike they do that also

+1
    Very helpful and knowledgeable, good pricing and unbelievable moving/delivery skill.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Another suggestion for you is to give Jake at Safe & Signs in York PA a call to see what he can do for you. I bought a safe from him last year for a very fair price (he will negotiate on price) and his delivery fee was very reasonable as well. Plus since he is located in PA, he charges no sales tax either. You can find a listing for Safe & Signs on the web with their phone number. I've seen him at the Chantilly gun show from time to time and he obviously goes to the York gun show too. Good luck.

Cal68

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    https://www.sturdysafe.com/

Sturdy makes a 24” and 28” wide safes. They will drop ship them to your driveway with R&L Trucking liftgate service.

Rent an appliance mover and a couple of friends to move it inside.

There are many happy Sturdy owners on MDS.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Carolina Safe Co
    3265 Leonardtown Rd
    Waldorf, Md. 20601
    (301) 374-2333

Just want to confirm and echo your comments about Carolina Safes. They handle Liberty Safes and are very nice people. I have purchased safes from them and they are great to deal with. I highly recommend that anyone wanting a safe of any size give them a call or visit their location. They deliver and can move safes of any size. FIVE STARS!!

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg

A1 treated me well, delivered the safe brought it down the basement stairs. I got the Fat Boy safe and am happy with it. As all will tell you, get a bigger one than you think you will need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom