Retired DC employees to pay for accounting error NOT their fault.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Read the last sentence, I'd say the same thing, they can get it back just like I got it,... over a 20 year period.

Crazy.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just the opposite, my Father retired from Anne Arundel county back in 80. He never paid attention to much when it came to his pay, he just knew about where it should be.
    Fast forward to about 90 something and he gets a letter in the mail about an accounting error. Well some guys were being under paid. He ended up GETTING a check for about 25k and a raise. Crazy.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'd like to know how many people choose when to retire based on false information.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Happened to me all the time in the Navy. 60 months on Active duty and I was either overpaid or underpaid during 39 of them. Always had to pay the overpayments back.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Wow, my step-dad is a retired DC firefighter. I wonder if this affects them.

A good example of not trusting anyone else but yourself for your own retirement.

reddobie0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Lost Somewhere
    Oh well. That's life and suck it up. Should be aware of your finances better and calculate what you are owed or they will short you as in the example above. As far as the example he has 7 kids and 18 grand kids how many can't help out pop a little. I'm sure they can get a lawyer in DC to extend terms or accept a lower amount.

Only have yourself to blame. You either get shorted or too much. Check it yourself we all have calculators. Boohoo!

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    My agency changed my tax status after I left and I didn't find out until it was time to file the next year. They had $0 federal taken out all year! Talk about a surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom