• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Seems the Gen 4 issue has been resolved in newer models.

Newer Gen 4s are now the standard 5.5lb

Will have to see when I pick it up and verify the serial number.

Hopefully. I didnt notice an awful pull in my 4/12 build however I'm not a Glock expert by any means.

Make sure to wear a hat/safety glasses the first few times you take it out. That'll keep from the potential of h0t brass causing any light burn marks on your face.

glockfather

May 14, 2012
    Odenton, MD
    Its a waste of time to do a connector and not springs. Also 25 cent trigger job does help. I can get your trigger down to around 3lbs consistently. If you need any after market parts i have everything Glock in stock...I will be at timonium this weekend. Look for the Banner

glockfather

May 14, 2012
    Odenton, MD
    If you change the connector you also should change the springs. They compliment each other. Also the 25 cent trigger job works. I have everything Glock in stock and will be at timonium this weekend.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Hopefully. I didnt notice an awful pull in my 4/12 build however I'm not a Glock expert by any means.

Make sure to wear a hat/safety glasses the first few times you take it out. That'll keep from the potential of h0t brass causing any light burn marks on your face.

HaHa, that's just a "Glock" thing. I've shot several Gen 3 Glocks and had hot brass in the face many times :lol:

If you change the connector you also should change the springs. They compliment each other. Also the 25 cent trigger job works. I have everything Glock in stock and will be at timonium this weekend.

There something going on at the Timonium Fairground this weekend..??

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    What do you plan to use your Glock for? Competition, HD?

I've got 3 (19, 22, 35 Gen4) with modified triggers. The 22 and 35 are for USPSA limited and production divisions respectfully. The 22 has a Glock Triggers Edge assembly installed. The 35 has a Ghost 3.5 Rocket, skeletonized striker, and lighter springs. The 19 has a Ghost 5.0 tactical, but is otherwise stock. They're all somewhat different, but all better than stock.

I really like the Ghost connectors, but you have to take your time filing so that the reset is positive but short. If this is your only weapon I would suggest the 5.0 over the 3.5 and as someone else mentioned, don't mess with the spring weights. Yea I know I just said I did it, but that's a competition only gun and I also reload my own ammo, so I have the ability to use Federal primers exclusively. I tried using Wolf primers and my failure to detonate rate was about 50% with the G35.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Seems the Gen 4 issue has been resolved in newer models.

Newer Gen 4s are now the standard 5.5lb

Will have to see when I pick it up and verify the serial number.

Just a fair bit of FYI:
    I got my Gen 4 in Feb 2011 and it ran perfectly ok until I hit 4000 rounds and then it started giving me FTEs, stovepies and such. I replaced the recoil spring assembly, extractor, and ejector (The ejector on mine was an older model) and it now seems to be running again. I think I've had about 300 problem free rounds since I've swapped the parts. All of those parts to swap cost me about $35 and I did the swap myself.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Its a waste of time to do a connector and not springs. Also 25 cent trigger job does help. I can get your trigger down to around 3lbs consistently. If you need any after market parts i have everything Glock in stock...I will be at timonium this weekend. Look for the Banner

I don't think it's a waste of time. A $20 connector and my trigger pull lightened up a little and became a little smoother. Replacing the springs could make it lighter still but everyone has a different idea about how light they want their trigger to be. The great thing is the parts are all so cheap and swapping them is so easy that you can really experiment until you find something you like.

That said springs are so cheap if you're ordering the connector might as well order the springs too to save on shipping.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    expensive aftermarket triggers can also be purchased as a complete unit and drop-in.

The glocktriggers unit took 10-15 min to install and it was my first time breaking down a glock that far (ie I watched the youtube install videos and paused as needed to perform the steps :) ).

I hear you about them being expensive, thats why I didnt pay for mine! I asked for it for my bday and my family all got together and got it for me. :D

GLOCKMED

Sep 8, 2012
    Just a fair bit of FYI:
    I got my Gen 4 in Feb 2011 and it ran perfectly ok until I hit 4000 rounds and then it started giving me FTEs, stovepies and such. I replaced the recoil spring assembly, extractor, and ejector (The ejector on mine was an older model) and it now seems to be running again. I think I've had about 300 problem free rounds since I've swapped the parts. All of those parts to swap cost me about $35 and I did the swap myself.

Glock recommends that every 5000 rounds maintenance/replacement be done with the recoil spring. impressive that you have that seasoned of a glock:party29:

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Glock recommends that every 5000 rounds maintenance/replacement be done with the recoil spring. impressive that you have that seasoned of a glock:party29:

Actually Glock used to recommend 5000 rounds with the Gen3s but now recommend 6000or more with the Gen4s. My somewhat limited experience would make me think they might be a bit overly optimistic in that expectation. I'd have gotten there quicker if the the IDPA and USPSA matches don't stop during the winter months.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010

I see your point if trigger pull weight is your goal, but I used the Ghost connector to virtually eliminate over travel and the trigger reset is about 1/3 of what is was before the change. My target pull weight was 5ibs (near stock) so I saw no need to change springs. Personally I find that over travel and reset have a much greater effect on my ability to shoot fast than a couple pounds of pull weight.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    If you didn't think they were better then stock you wouldn't have spent the money on them :)

Thanks
    Robert

True, but thinking they'll be better and them actually being better are two different things.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    What do you plan to use your Glock for? Competition, HD?

I've got 3 (19, 22, 35 Gen4) with modified triggers. The 22 and 35 are for USPSA limited and production divisions respectfully. The 22 has a Glock Triggers Edge assembly installed. The 35 has a Ghost 3.5 Rocket, skeletonized striker, and lighter springs. The 19 has a Ghost 5.0 tactical, but is otherwise stock. They're all somewhat different, but all better than stock.

I really like the Ghost connectors, but you have to take your time filing so that the reset is positive but short. If this is your only weapon I would suggest the 5.0 over the 3.5 and as someone else mentioned, don't mess with the spring weights. Yea I know I just said I did it, but that's a competition only gun and I also reload my own ammo, so I have the ability to use Federal primers exclusively. I tried using Wolf primers and my failure to detonate rate was about 50% with the G35.

Filing? I thought the Ghost Connector was a drop-in replacement?

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    Filing? I thought the Ghost Connector was a drop-in replacement?

Some are drop in, some are not. The Rocket 3.5 and the Tactical 5.0 that I use are not drop in. These 2 versions have the Trigger Control Tab (TCT). If you "drop" one of these into your Glock you wont be able to pull the trigger. The TCT is "adjusted" by filing it's length down to the point where the gun fires and the trigger stops rearward motion (over travel). When you release the trigger very little forward motion is required for the trigger to reset.

You can read more here www.ghostinc.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom